|𝟎𝟐𝟎.|

-------
RENIEGO Cap.5: Lamento - ROSALIA

5: Lamento - ROSALIA❦

-------

THEY KNEW WHERE WE STAYED and it's not a coincidence that they knew. Someone must have told them where we were staying.

Alec and I are still in the woods. After a while of running, we made sure no one followed us and decided to rest before we started to walk towards the end of the woods.

''Did Maddox say where there are?'' I asked Alec with my gaze focused on the ground so that I wouldn't fall. I didn't notice Alec stopping so when I bumped into his firm back, I looked up and moved to the side.

''They are there,'' he pointed his finger further into the woods and that's when I saw a light from afar.

When he began to walk to that light, I stopped him by grabbing his arm. He turned to look at me and gave me a confused look. ''What if there are not there? What if there is someone else? Waiting for us,'' he looked back at the light and then back to me.

''Try to stay behind me and try not to make any sudden moves,'' I did what he told me and moved behind him as he grabbed his gun and slowly began making his way to the light. My gaze moved around us to make sure no one followed us even though I couldn't see much because of the rain and the darkness surrounding us.

As we approached the light, I felt the sticks beneath my feet crack which scared me every single time. ''Stop stepping on the sticks,'' I titles my head to the side and narrowed my eyes at Alec as he said that. ''I'm sorry. But I can't see anything,'' I whisper-yelled at him.

He ignored me and continued going to that light.

When we got closer, we heard faint voices coming from that direction. I couldn't make out the voices so I got scared.

Maybe it's someone else.

I looked up t Alec who was listening closely and when he recognized the voices he tugged his gun away and walked up to the voices. I froze on the spot and waited. But when I heard something from behind me, I ran to him.

''Thank God, you two are alive,'' I looked over Alec's side and saw Elijah coming towards us.

All the guys were standing there looking worried and shocked at the same time.

''What happened?'' Alec asked them.

I took the time and looked around to see if someone was around here, watching us.