Chapter 16

(Finally)

Percy walked around the Gryffindor common room, posting his ads for Saturday, 4-7 PM, on the grounds, Capture the Flag. Harry noticed the general confusion that came with this announcement and realized these guys had no idea what 'muggle' games were. Percy was definitely going to have to teach these guys a few things.

Apparently, Percy had gone around the school as well, asking a few of his Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin students to put some of the ads in their respective common rooms. The game was going to be for everyone, all ages, and Harry bet Percy would even accept teachers into the teams. The only problem will be trying to teach everyone who shows up, plus making the teams fair.

Saturday night rolled around, and it seemed like the whole school was out on the grounds. This surprised Harry, seeing as dinner was at the same time.

During lunch time, the Great Hall had been buzzing. He could hear snippets of conversations, almost all surrounding the topic of the game later that day. Harry could tell this was an amazing idea. He had seen kids with Quidditch helmets on which they no doubt stole from the extra equipment, kids practicing spells they might need, and he had even seen Professor Slughorn pouring over a muggle newspaper's sports section. Harry had laughed at this, and realized that all the magical folk probably thought this was a major sport with national teams.

Harry ran over by Hermione, Ron, and Ginny, but Percy seemed nowhere to be found. He wondered where he was, and after voicing his question Ron answered.

"I haven't seen him since this morning when he was posting the flyers. Maybe he's talking to the other teachers or something."

Harry had no idea what to actually expect. He didn't know whether to dress like it was just another school day, or dress like he was going into battle. But, to be fair, he had been in battles before in his school clothes and they weren't hard to fight in.

He ended up picking out just a normal jumper, due to the chilly weather, and a pair of normal jeans. Ron, on the other hand, had chosen to wear his quidditch helmet and shoulder gear, as well as large boots. Ginny was wearing something similar, wearing her Chaser gear.

When asked about this, he simply responded, "I've seen Percy fight, and if this is anything like he's described his life at that camp, I'm going to need some serious protection."

"I suppose you're right, but he can't possibly think we are going to play that intensely. We aren't demigods, we haven't been basically trained to kill since we were eleven. We're not going to set traps and everything... right?" Harry finished, now doubting himself. Percy was training them to be more physically active, and if the game was as extreme as Percy's camp, then they were in deep trouble. Not that it would be any less fun, but they would just have to be more on guard.

Percy finally came out in the most dramatic of ways. Nobody heard the doors swing open, nobody saw them close, but there he was. His hair blowing in the wind, which hadn't been there a second before, his hands were raised and he was in front of the entire school, on the steps of the entrance hall.

"So!" He shouted. The crowd of witches and wizards that had just been conversing with each other fell silent within moments. There seemed to be an energy in the air, like it was almost vibrating with excitement. "Who wants to learn to play Capture the Flag?"

The crowd cheered. Percy went on explaining the rules, adding some special ones to make it better for magical folks. Some rules Harry had never heard before, and was very curious why they had to be said.

"And I can't believe I need to say this, but please don't do anything illegal. This includes using illegal magic, killing, and causing otherwise permanent damage to someone else's body," Percy said. This received plenty of questions and concerned looks. Percy ignored them.

"And now for the teams. We will be doing teachers against students." Percy announced, and there were mixed emotions.

Harry personally saw this as an amazing idea. The students could definitely win against the teachers, especially if all four houses worked together. There wouldn't be much of a competition.

Ron, on the other hand, apparently thought differently. He groaned, "Bloody hell is he serious? All the teachers against students? They are masters at magic. We can't fight against them, they're the ones who taught us everything we know!"

"But what about Percy? Is he going to be on the student's team or the teacher's? He considers himself more of a student I think, because he's not the age of any of the other teachers. He's even younger than us! He hangs out with us almost constantly. But he is a teacher..." Hermione added. Harry nodded in agreement, considering this. It was almost down to Percy if they would win or not.

Percy could fight amazingly well, he had won two wars after all. If they had him on their team, they could be unstoppable. But if he was on the teacher's team, they might not take him nearly as seriously as they should. Percy told them that apparently the only teacher that knew about his demigod-ness was McGonagall. He could be underestimated, which meant the teachers could lose, but if Percy were to show them what he could do, then it wouldn't even be too hard for the teachers to win.

Percy spoke once again, bringing Harry back to his senses, "And one last thing that I have just been informed of. You are not allowed to go into the Forbidden Forest," he said, but nobody missed the wink he sent to the students. Harry grinned, knowing full well that the students were going to hide their flag in the forest. He had known as soon as he had heard of the teams.

"Well, with that, I think the teams should meet and strategize. You have one hour to hide your flag, and then the game will begin."

(A/N I am so sorry for the wait.)