Chapter 12

Harry wanted more information about the whole 'demigod' and 'monsters' thing, but he kept his word and didn't spread Percy's secret.

Percy's classes were very entertaining. He was discovering every magical item and creature for the first time with the class, so his explanations were along the lines of, "guys. GUYS. Last night while I was thinking of what to teach I found this crazy curse that makes you puke slugs? Yeah so THAT EXISTS."

Truthfully, he wasn't the best teacher ever, but they learned more in Percy's random defense against the dark arts single lessons than they ever had in their first two years of Hogwarts. And that was saying something, seeing as they were only one and a half months into the school year.

Harry, Ron and Hermione hung around with Percy as often as they could. Not only because he was an all around cool guy, but also because now that they knew about Percy's secret life, he had the coolest stories. For instance, Hermione had asked what the newspaper articles were about and Percy had explained it was all fake, and he had actually been hunting down Zeus' lightning bolt. And when he had been missing only a few months earlier, it turns out he was on a quest to kill Mother Earth. Who was bad.

"Alright everyone," Percy announced, clapping his hands. They were in Percy's class, and today, instead of the usual desks in rows, the desks were piled up around the room. There was general confusion from the students, and they all opted to just stand around awkwardly. "It has come to my attention that none of you can defend yourselves without using magic, so today and for the next few weeks or whatever, I will be teaching you general self defense."

"What do you mean sir?" asked Pansy Parkinson, "we can defend ourselves just fine."

Percy rolled his eyes quite obviously at the over exaggerated sir and explained, "Say you're fighting a bad guy, like let's say this girl who has hated your guts since the first time you stepped foot in front of her. Let's call this mystery girl, I don't know, Clarisse." Harry, Ron and Hermione suppressed laughs. They'd heard plenty from Clarisse La Rue and her hatred for Percy. "And let's say she throws your wand somewhere else, and you can't reach it. And Clarisse is very strong, so you have three options: run away like your life depends on it, surrender, or start fighting without your wand."

Everyone was quiet. They hadn't thought of this before, and thinking of it now made them uneasy.

"What makes you think we can't defend ourselves? Huh Pretty boy Percy?" Draco Malfoy snarked. Percy looked at him as if asking 'are you kidding, you're joking, right?'

"Draco, come here. Middle of the room, and leave your wand with your friends," Percy said, and Harry and Ron exchanged looks of glee. Draco was most certainly going to get it now. "Come at me."

"What?" Asked Draco.

"Try to punch me," Percy said, squaring up. He and Draco were about the same height, percy only a few inches taller. Draco pulled his shoulders back, and clenched his fist. Percy raised an eyebrow, as if taunting Draco to make a move.

He pulled his fist back, punching with all his might. Percy easily side-stepped and pulled Draco into an arm lock, forcing Draco's arm backwards and head towards the ground. Most of the Gryffindor's let out a short burst of laughter, and Pansy Parkinson cried out in surprise.

"See, if your opponent had any self defense training at all, they could have blocked you easily," Percy lectured, still holding Draco's arm behind his back, despite his struggling and threats. "I will be teaching you all some basic training, in case any of you were to get into a non-magical fight." He let Draco go and he stumbled to his feet, his cheeks flushed with anger.

"I'm going to get you back, Jackson," Draco said, pointing a menacing finger in Percy's direction. "I promise, I'll make you pay-"

"Oh please, you're going to make me blush," Percy deadpanned, crossing his arms. "Don't forget who the person in higher authority is, Malfoy, I don't advise you to threaten a professor. No homework for tonight everyone!" Percy said, announcing the last part to the whole class. Everyone filed out of the classroom, everyone loudly discussing what had just happened.

A/n Sorry it took so long to get another chapter out my bad