Chapter 14

Harry was just in his Transfiguration classroom, marveling at Hermione's amazingly accurate McGonagall costume, when the door was blown off its hinges.

"WHERE IS HARRY POTTER," a voice came, and Harry saw what was unmistakably a Death Eater. There was only one, thank goodness, but it was very tall and broad shouldered, muscles prominent even from the loose fit of the dark cloak.

"Students, behind me!" McGonagall yelled, and they all scurried behind her desk. All except Harry, who stood, wand raised.

"Potter, get behind me!" McGonagall urged, but he didn't budge.

"Harry Potter," the Death Eater said, and Harry could hear the smirk from under the hood. "My colleagues will be very pleased to see the one who killed our master dead."

There was a spell fired at him, seemingly from McGonagall, tying the man up in ropes which materialized in thin air. The Death Eater didn't seem so pleased at this, and tore through the bindings, ripping them off his body.

It was exactly what Harry needed, the perfect distraction. He disarmed the Death Eater with his trusty 'expelliarmus' and pocketed the wand. But he regretted it soon after, as before he could have kept the fighting strictly magical. Now, the Death Eater resorted to physical fighting, which Harry was not as adept in.

"I will kill you Potter!" the large man bellowed, but before he could charge any further, he was distracted by the fact that Percy Jackson had just jumped onto his shoulders.

"Hello everyone!" Percy said, waving to the class. Harry saw a stunned Ron wave back.

"Who- What- Nghya!" the Death Eater exclaimed, throwing Percy from his back. Percy expertly rolled back to his feet, motioning for Harry to get out of the way.

The large man, who's hood was now lowered, looked even more terrifying than before. His face was scarred and burned. He looked as though he had gone through Hell and back. Even from across the classroom Harry could see a vein bulging in his temple, the same way it did with Uncle Vernon when he got to his limit of irritation.

"So, why do you want Harry?" Percy asked, holding his pen, Riptide, at his side.

"He is the killer of the Dark Lord!" said the Death Eater and charged at Percy. Percy nimbly side stepped and placed a few selective blows in his side and stomach, making the larger man stumble. This angered the man even more who shattered the tapestry next to him, grasping the sword of Godric Gryffindor. It had been moved to the Transfiguration room, seeing as the main threats to it were gone and McGonagall was the headmistress and could keep a careful eye on it.

"Oh, so that's how you want to play," Percy asked, and twirled Riptide in his fingers.

The Death Eater snickered, "What are you gonna do, draw on me? I have a sword, you're just a child with a muggle pen."

"Hmm, you might want to recheck your facts," Percy said, walking as he talked. "See, I am just a child, if you insist, but this isn't just a 'muggle pen' as you say. It's actually..." he uncapped his pen to reveal his bronze weapon, "a sword."

There were gasps throughout the room, and Harry couldn't blame them. It could be played off as a clever Transfiguration spell, but even so, it was impressive.

"You think you can beat me, childling, you are nothing. I could crush you between my fingers," the man snarled.

"Many have tried, but I'm still here, aren't I?" Percy said dangerously, barely loud enough to hear. This made the Death Eater obviously unsteady, and he shifted his weight between his legs. Harry couldn't blame him. Percy could be downright terrifying if he wanted.

The Death Eater put his scowl back on full mode and wielded the sword of Gryffindor and started advancing. Percy smirked and stayed still. Harry silently wondered why McGoagall didn't call for him to be careful or stand down, but when he looked at her expression she looked confident and sure. So she knew about Percy's past. It made sense, she did hire him for a reason.

The Death Eater lunged at Percy, but Percy deflected it and lunged in return. The Death Eater blocked the attempt to stab him and made a move to disarm Percy, but Percy parried the blow. They went back and forth for some time, all the time Percy getting closer and closer to victory and the Death Eater closer to defeat.

Eventually Percy disarmed the Death Eater, knocked him to his knees, and held Riptide to his neck.

"I would thank you for the practice, but to be completely honest with you, I probably could have kicked your ass in less than five seconds. Now order your little friends to leave and never come back," Percy said.

"You are too late," the Death Eater said, smirking. Percy didn't seem fazed at all, just held his sword level to the man's throat. The Death Eater had thought he had won, Harry thought. But why?

Percy suddenly swiveled on the spot and threw his sword directly at Harry.

Harry froze, unable to move. He braced himself for impact, about to be impaled, but it never came. Instead, he watched as the sword made contact with something seemingly invisible in the air.

A disillusionment charm fell, showing another Death Eater with Percy's sword going through their arm. The Death Eater fell to the ground, shouts of agony and pain escaping their mouth. Percy didn't look the slightest bit surprised, just turned to the other Death Eater still on his knees.

"Was that your big plan? Have one of you sneak up on Harry while I was preoccupied? Pretty cowardly sounding to me," Percy said, as if he hadn't just disarmed someone, quite literally.

"What are you going to do to me," he growled, lip curling.

"Well, there is a prison for wizards like you, isn't there?" Percy asked. He was maybe more threatening without a sword, seeing as now he was equally as confident with no weapon, confident he could beat this very tall, very muscular man, without any assistance of a sharp pointy thing. Percy turned to McGonagall.

"Professor, I um... may have brought some other Death Eaters along with me, they're all outside the classroom. They're in the corridor, but don't worry, they've all been knocked out and they're tied up. Um... So you might want to get them out of here..." Percy said awkwardly, suffering through the intense looks from the Gryffindor students and the withering look from McGonagall.

Nevertheless, McGonagall rounded up the rogue Death Eaters and escorted them off the school grounds. Harry assumed there were ministry officials outside the gates there to bring the Death Eaters to Azkaban.

The rest of the day was given free from McGonagall, seeing as they had all just been attacked (again), though they were only allowed strictly in their common rooms. Percy was the main talk of everything, stories were spreading like wildfire. According to some third year Gryffindor, Percy had fought off five Death Eaters at once, using only a desk leg and broken wand. This, of course, wasn't true, seeing as Percy didn't bring his wand anywhere and he had a sword he could use instead of a broken leg of a desk.

In their dormitories, Percy was being asked question after question by the boys and Hermione and Ginny. He answered each one patiently, either with a full explanation or a shrug. When the questioning was over, Harry, Percy, Ron, and Hermione were left alone in the room.

"So, this'll be a Halloween to remember. A 17 year old 'wizard' defeats 16 Death Eaters, dressed as Aquaman," Percy laughed, and Harry chuckled.

"Seriously man, how the hell did you fend them all off?" Ron asked, sounding very impressed.

"I've had years of summer camp training and two wars worth of experience. I think I can fight off sixteen wizards," Percy explained.

"Fine, but when will you finally accept that you're friggin awesome," Ron said, falling back on his bed.

"When pigs fly," Percy responded, then curled up under his blankets.