Chapter 9

When Harry, Ron, and Hermione left the classroom, Percy mentally scolded himself over and over. He knew Harry knew he was lying. Percy could see his look of distrust and the I know you're lying but I can't let you know that I know that you're lying expression. It was an expression he'd seen a surprising amount of times.

He continued with the rest of the day distracted. He was worried about what Harry, Ron, and Hermione might uncover. Will they find out about the tattoo, that it's a Roman thing and his camp was all Greek? Would they tell anyone? They might go to Mcgonagall, but he was positive she knew about him already.

At the end of the day, he went to the common room only to find the trio huddled around a table, whispering. Percy swallowed and walked over.

"Heeey... you guys... Whatcha talking about?"

The trio looked over to him and instantly gave him uncertain and obviously fake smiles. "Um, nothing! We were just working on... Transfiguration homework," Ron lied.

"Right. Because whenever I work on homework with friends I do it all suspiciously," Percy said, sarcasm etched into every syllable. Ron flushed and glanced at his friends who were both looking elsewhere, probably trying to figure out what to say.

"Guys, I know you were talking about me. Most likely. If you weren't this is going to become even awkwarder, so... what were you guys actually talking about?" Percy asked.

Hermione looked around, making sure nobody else was listening. "We know you're not from that camp. It doesn't exist. I'm positive."

Percy just nodded and said, "Alright then. Let me ask you this: if I'm not from Camp Hecate, then where am I from?"

"See, that's what we can't find. Where did you come from?" Harry asked. Percy just raised his eyebrows and gave him a look that said, "You SIRIUSly think I'm that dumb?'

"Sorry, but until you find out an answer, I'm from Camp Hecate."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Hermione asked incredulously. Percy just shrugged and walked to Dean and Seamus, who were actually working on the transfiguration homework. He listened in to what they were talking about, but none of it made any sense. It was kinda cool, however, that you can make a turtle come from a mug or something.

When it was soon time for bed, but Percy stayed up. He wanted to plan ahead for what he was going to do next class, but he was completely blanking. The Boggart thing was not very fun, so he instead of doing magical stuff, he was doing physical.

He'd wanted to do sword fighting, but apparently there weren't any he could use. He'd just been doing hand to hand combat for now, showing them all the basic stuff: blocks, punches, and a few kicks. His students weren't very good at them, but he supposed that would be expected of people who could flick their wand instead of physical combat.

Percy drifted off around midnight. Thankfully, he was finally getting used to the time zone.

The morning came, and Percy was relieved to find that it was finally the weekend. He was also very happy to find out that in boarding schools, you don't have school on the weekends as well. Not that he'd ever been to a mortal school with school on weekends, he just hadn't been sure that if you were at the school 24/7 if you'd get days off.

He woke up at around 9 and found the room mostly empty. The only bed that was full was Dean's, who was snoring loudly.

Percy trudged out of his bed and to the bathroom, changing into a pair of jeans and his Camp-Halfblood shirt. He went to the Great Hall for breakfast, seeing Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny all laughing at something one of them had just said.

"Hey guys, what's up," Percy asked, sitting down next to Hermione.

"Morning Percy," Harry greeted, "Ron was just retelling some stories about Fred and George's finest pranks."

"Oh, neat," Percy said, reminding himself to never introduce Fred and George to the Stolls.

"So what're we gonna do today?" Harry asked, glancing around at all of his friends.

"I dunno, I was going to go practice quidditch," Ron shrugged.

"Sure, I'll join you," Harry said, he and Ron standing up.

"You guys can go, I'm going to go to the library to do some... research," Hermione said, briefly glancing at Percy.

"What about you Gin?" Harry asked, side-hugging his girlfriend.

"I'll practice quidditch with you two," Ginny said, and they all headed to the dormitories to fetch their brooms.

"Going to lookup more about my camp?" Percy asked picking up a piece of toast. Hermione just sniffed and walked to the library, leaving Percy alone to do whatever he pleased.

✱TIME SKIP✱

Percy roamed the halls to his leisure, pausing at specific painting to chat or stopping to look at particularly interesting statues. He wished Annabeth was here... she would love the architecture. She would go on and on, and Percy would watch her eyes light up with excitement, and she would do that cute thing with her hair when she would notice him staring. She would blush, he would compliment her, she would punch him playfully, or maybe hold a dagger to his throat, who knows. All Percy knew was that he missed his Wise Girl.

A shimmering image suddenly appeared in the hall in front of him. He panicked at first, glancing around for any stranglers. When he didn't find any, he ran to the Iris Message. It was Annabeth!

"Annabeth!" Percy exclaimed gleefully.

"Hey Seaweed brain, I was missing you too much. What time is it there?" Annabeth asked, smiling brightly. She looked to be in the Athena cabin.

"It's about 9:30 in the morning. Annabeth, it's amazing here! Everything is so cool! Like did you know that the paintings can talk and move around and stuff! But one weird thing is that they don't use pens or pencils. They use quills and ink, which in my opinion is way more work."

"Really? What does the school look like?" Annabeth asked interested.

"It's a giant castle! Maybe I'll IM you later on the grounds and show you. It's so cool, there's everything: dungeons, different wings and stuff, a Great Hall, there's even a lake and forest you're not supposed to go into! Just like at camp," Percy said, drifting off. "How is camp?"

"Everyone misses you of course, maybe even Clarisse," Annabeth laughed, "the hunters stopped by. Thalia was disappointed that you weren't here. They beat us at Capture the Flag, though it was a close call. Nico had skeletons guarding the flag, Leo had it all booby-trapped, Jason even flew to the Hunters' flag! I bet if you'd have been there we would have won."

"I'm sorry to have missed it. Wait, did Will really let Nico raise a bunch of skeletons?" Percy asked, unbelievingly.

"He did, though there was a deal that Nico had to stay in the infirmary for 3 days afterward. You know how desperate we get with Capture the Flag," Annabeth explained.

Annabeth started fading out, and Percy frantically searched his pockets for a Drachma. He had none, and he caught one last glimpse of Annabeth tearing apart her cabin.

"Aw crap nuggets," Percy said to himself, staring at the place where Annabeth had been only moments before. He sighed and continued his walk, the rest of his Sunday going at an extremely slow pace.