Chapter 7

The first week was hard. Percy's students kept asking him what he was going to teach them, but he still had no idea. On top of that, this old guy, Filch, kept bugging him about this Boggart thing. He had to apparently get rid of it somehow, but Percy was clueless as to how.

He was late to his class, due to having a 'very necessary meeting about the Boggart on the third floor' according to Filch, and he was now dashing through the halls to his classroom. He burst into his classroom, and the class spun around, alarmed at the loud bang of the doors.

"Sorry guys, Filch was just annoying me." There were a chorus of groans and agreements that Filch is the worst and Percy just sighed.

"What's he annoying about this time?" Dean asked, trying to balance his wand on the desk by the tip.

"He wants me to get rid of this Boggart thing, even though I don't know what it is or how to get rid of it."

"A Boggart?" Parvati Patil asked, hand flung in the air, "We learned about those. We could get rid of it for you, as a class!" There were sounds of agreement, but Percy was quizzical.

"Is it dangerous?" He asked, and there was a silence, "You know what, I don't have anything really interesting planned anyway, so let's do it."

Everyone cheered and stood up to leave. They walked up to the third floor, Percy leading them, and into an unused room with a desk drawer that was rattling around threateningly.

"So, what do these guys do, anyway?" Percy asked, and everyone made a haphazard line.

"They show you your worst fear, and you have to say Riddikulus! And think of how to make that fear funny, then it'll do that, and it'll eventually go away!" provided Pansy Parkinson. Percy didn't like the sound of that. He immediately thought of all the monsters he's faced, Tartarus, Gaea-

His thoughts were interrupted by someone saying "Alohomora!" and the desk drawer opening and facing Seamus. A lady appeared, and it immediately started shrieking, but over the noise you could hear Seamus' "Riddikulus!" and the screaming lady stopped screaming, and clutched her throat.

Seamus stepped aside and Pansy Parkinson was next up. It went along the lines of person stepping up, being met with some creature or person, occasionally an inanimate object, and the person making the figure not scary anymore.

It was Harry's turn. He looked confident as he stepped up, and held his wand high. The Boggart turned towards him, and with a crack, there were dead bodies everywhere, and a pale man with no nose was standing above them all. Percy saw Harry's eyes widen and he stumbled back as he saw the bodies of people he loved, Ginny, Ron, Hermione.

Percy saw other students gaping, terrified, at the pale man, and Percy wondered if this was the famous Lord Voldemort he had heard about.

Harry swallowed, and said firmly, "Riddikulus!" but it didn't work and the amount of bodies tripled. Percy saw no other choice than to take his turn, so he jumped in the way of pale-no-nose man and there was a CRACK.

The air burned. It hurt to breathe. There was no sky no ceiling, just black, and the acidic air was red. He saw Annabeth on the ground, covered in blisters, dead. It's all fake. This isn't real, this isn't real, this isn't real, he kept repeating in his head as he saw more of his family dead on the ground. Nico, Thalia, the seven, Rachel, Grover, all of them.

How do you make Tartarus funny? How do you make your family dead funny? He asked himself, but he couldn't come to an answer. His mind seemed too preoccupied by the fact that everyone he loved were on the ground and dead in front of him.

He took a deep, painful breath and shouted "Riddikulus!" and the image stopped. The air was breathable again, and he saw the bodies of his family breathing, Annabeth pointing up. There was a sky, covered in stars. They were all just star gazing at Camp Half-Blood, that's all. The scene disappeared. Well, it wasn't necessarily funny, but it did the job.

He looked around, and he was back in the unused classroom. His students were all staring at him, most likely horrified at what his Boggart had been. He saw Harry, and walked over.

"You okay?" He asked, concerned. Harry nodded, and Percy told the class that they'd better head back to their classroom.

"Percy," Harry said in hushed tones next to him in the back of the group, "what was that? Where was that?"

"I'd rather not talk about it, if that's alright. Let's just say it was a place that really sucked, and I really hope I'll never ever go there again."

They got to the classroom, and everyone sat in their seats, looking up at Percy.

"So... we don't have time to do what I had planned, so-"

"What was that? Your Boggart, what was it," Draco Malfoy interrupted.

"It doesn't really matter, does it, Malfoy?" Harry shot at Draco, glaring.

"And I didn't ask you, did I, Potter," retorted Draco, glaring right back.

"Hey, hey hey hey, Harry it's fine. I'm sure everyone else was wondering the same thing," Percy said, breaking up their fight. "That was just a place I don't really want to talk about. The people were family in America, family that when I think about losing them, I feel this tremendous amount of guilt and... Yeah. That's all. Time for you guys to go to your next class, I think."

And with that, Percy sat heavily on his desk, trying not to think about the image of Annabeth dead, and even though it was all fake, he couldn't help but feel like he should have saved her.