Chapter 11

Percy couldn't believe he was actually going to tell them. Chiron had advised him to wait until he gained their trust, but it wasn't that easy in the moment.

"You guys have to understand something first. I'm still on your side," Percy said, hoping this wouldn't make it worse somehow. He looked at all of them, and said, "I'm a demigod."

There was silence. Then-

"What?"

"A demigod," Percy repeated.

"Yeah, you said that," Ron said, "but what the bloody hell is a demigod?"

"A half god half mortal- or muggle or whatever," Percy explained.

"You mean to tell me you're like Jesus or something," Harry asked skeptically.

"No, no I mean I'm part Greek god. Poseidon, the god of water and stuff," Percy said, and when they looked to understand a little more, Percy continued. "I was sent here from my camp. I wasn't lying when I said we're a summer camp and we're sorted into cabins. It's just all real, so like I'm actually in the Poseidon cabin because my dad is Poseidon. My girlfriend is the daughter of Athena, my friends are all also kids of gods."

"I knew it was all too weird to be true," Hermione said, looking proud, "why would anyone want to use staffs as magical objects? They're so inefficient! And you knew nothing about the MACUSA, or the government, Ilvermorny, no history, nothing!"

"Yeah, I was kinda wondering why you couldn't even perform Lumos, the easiest spell in the world," Ron shrugged,

"We're good then?" Percy asked, looking at them uncertainly.

"Yeah, we're good. Why did you have to hide it?" Harry asked.

"I was told by my camp counselor. We need a truce with the wizarding world and I guess I needed to gain your trust first," Percy said, glancing at Harry. "He said if I got you, then I'd get the rest of the wizards as well."

"Oh. So..." Harry stood awkwardly.

"Yeah..." Percy gathered his papers and yawned. "I need to get to bed. By the way, please don't tell anybody else. I've been pretty good at keeping it a secret, although the monsters haven't been making it very easy."

"Yeah, totally understandable. Wait-" Hermione said, processing what he had said.

"Goodnight!" Percy said, running up to the dormitories.

"What did you mean about the monsters?" Hermione called, apologizing to the students yelling to be quiet. She turned and glared at Ron, who had just taken down the Muffliato charm.

"Sorry, I need sleep," Ron shrugged.

Hermione rolled her eyes, pecked Ron's cheek, and bided them goodnight, walking to the girls' dormitories.