Chapter 2

Harry awoke to Ron's snores. After the war Harry hadn't had a place to go, and Mrs. Wealsy, being the amazing human being she was, insisted that he stayed at the Burrow. Hermione was also staying with them, since her parents were still in Australia with their minds wiped.

He heard Teddy's cries a few rooms underneath them. Being the Godfather of Teddy Lupin, he had been given the responsibility of Teddy after both Remus and Tonks had died in the war. Because he was staying at the Burrow, and he had no clue how to handle a baby, Mrs. Weasley had taken over for the time being.

He walked down stairs and saw Mr. Weasley drinking some tea at the dining table, trying to read the Daily Prophet with a very disgruntled blue-haired baby in one of his arms. Harry stumbled over to the stove top and poured himself a cup of tea.

"Morning Harry," Mr. Weasley said, shifting Teddy from one arm to the other.

"Morning Mr. Weasley, what's the news today?" Harry asked. He sat opposite him, trying to read the newspaper upside down.

"Just more Death Eaters being riled up, even after their 'lord' was conquered they still can't get past the murder part of the job I suppose."

Harry sighed and offered to hold Teddy. Mr. Weasley gave a thankful look and passed him Teddy, standing up and draining his cup of tea.

"Well, I'm off to the Ministry, see you Harry," he said, and with a small pop he was gone.

Harry read the Daily Prophet, waiting for the others to get up. Mrs. Weasley was the first, followed soon by Hermione. Soon, everyone was up and moving around the kitchen. Fred and George were home for until Ginny had to go to Diagon Alley for back to school shopping, then they were going to stay at their shop.

There was a tap on the window, and there were four fancy looking owls. Mrs. Weasley made a remark at "How odd there are four, only Ginny is going back to Hogwarts," then let them in. She inspected the owl's legs, and looked over at the Golden Trio.

"These are for you dears," she said, gesturing to three of the birds.

Harry, Ron and Hermione shared confused looks and approached the owls. Harry handed Teddy over to Mrs. Weasly, and they untied their respective parcels and read.

Dear Mr. Potter,

Due to the events of the previous year, we are offering the students who graduated last year an extra year of learning. This is optional, but highly recommended. We are excited for your return.

Sincerely, Headmistress Minerva McGonagall

Harry looked up from his letter after reading it several times over. Hermione was beaming, and Ron was looking unsure.

"We're going, right?" Harry inquired, excited.

"Of course we are, Harry! Why wouldn't we go?" Hermione exclaimed.

"But consciously making the decision to go back to school? But... homework," Ron protested. He paused for a bit, then nodded. "I take it back, we're going. We need to have a last hurrah, maybe pull a Fred and George," he considered, and Fred and George nodded and gave him thumbs up behind Mrs. Weasley's back.

"Don't be ridiculous, Ronald. If you do that, I will personally have a discussion with Professor McGonagall and make you clean everything you ruin and have detention for the rest of the year," Mrs. Weasley scolded, hands on hips.

"So I do it the last day of school?" Ron suggested, but took it back when he saw his mother's glare.

"When do we go school shopping?" Ginny asked, scanning over her list of supplies needed.

"Why not tomorrow, if Arthur is free, that is. We'll need someone to stay home for Teddy," Mrs. Weasley said.

"We can go by ourselves, Mum. Anyways, we have Fred and George, and they're very trustworthy. They can get us there and back no problem!" Ron said, sounding very reassuring. Mrs. Weasley looked at him with an unconvinced expression, but nodded all the same.

"YAAAY!!!" Fred (or maybe George) shouted, jumping into the air, fist thrust up in a triumphant sort of way.

"We'll just need floo powder or we can just apparate to get them back here. Don't worry Mum, have we ever disappointed you?" George (or maybe Fred) said, then he grabbed Harry's arm and they apparated outside of Gringotts. Moments later, the others appeared beside them.

After a quick visit to Gringotts, Harry, Hermione, and the Weasleys were ready for shopping. They went to Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions first, since the Golden Trio had grown out of all their robes. They were in Flourish and Blotts buying the appropriate books for their subjects, and when they were paying, they bumped into a boy that looked like he could be Harry's long lost brother.

He had black hair with sea green eyes, and he was tall and tanned with obvious muscles under the muggle-styled sweatshirt he was wearing. He seemed to be having a difficult time figuring out which books to buy.

"Excuse me, but do you need help?" Hermione offered, addressing the mystery boy.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, that'd be great. I don't understand half of what this thing is saying," Mystery Boy said with an American accent, gesturing to his book list.

"You... can't read it?" Hermione asked, looking concerned.

"Well, I could if I tried hard enough, but I have dyslexia. All the letters get all mixed around in my brain making it nearly impossible to read anything without lots of struggling."

"Alright, well, looks like your in our year for Hogwarts. I've never seen you around before, are you new?" Hermione asked American Mystery Boy.

"Oh! I'm an exchange student from America. My name's Percy Jackson."

"Well, welcome to England, Percy Jackson."