Chapter 6

Harry was chatting with the rest of the eighth years in their dorm. It was refreshing to be in Hogwarts again, and not having an evil dark wizard hunting you. Percy was talking with Dean and Seamus, who were holding hands. Harry figured that sometime during the summer they officially became a couple.

Ron, Neville, and Harry were currently having a debate on who would win in a fight, a Hungarian Horntail or a Blast-Ended Skrewt.

"Sure, a Hungarian Horntail has spikes, but have you seen Blast-Ended Skrewts?" Ron pointed out to Neville.

"But the Hortail breathes fire and can fly, I don't think Skrewts can fly," Neville said.

"Didn't the Skrewts breathe fire? And Neville, who know if Skrewts can fly. We just didn't keep them around for long enough to see," Harry added.

"Sorry Neville, but if we're going with fully-grown Blast-Ended Skrewts versus a Hungarian Horntail then the Skrewts will win. We're talking a vicious dragon versus a scorpion creature that can suck blood and shoot fire out of their rears."

"What are you guys even talking about?" came Percy's voice, a few beds over.

"Who would win between a giant dragon and a fairly large scorpion-lobster poisonous thing," answered Ron laughing a bit.

"Oh, of course, duh," Percy replied, rolling his eyes and smiling.

"We should get to bed you guys, it's almost 1:30," Seamus said, and crawled into his four-poster.

"You know, in America, it's only 8:30," huffed Percy, but he went to bed nevertheless.

In the morning, Percy was hard to wake up.

"Shut uuupppp..." was his first response when Ron tried to wake him. Percy pulled his covers over his head.

"C'mon Percy, you have to teach DADA. And don't you want to eat some breakfast? Maybe have a cup of tea to wake you up?" Harry asked, pulling away Percy's blankets.

"Noooooo..." mumbled Percy.

Harry sighed and took his wand out. "Aguamenti," with this, a stream of water ejected from Harry's wand and onto Percy's face. Percy immediately sat up, shocked, soaked, but (gladly) not mad.

"See, it wasn't that hard to just sit up. Now you need to get dressed, if you're fast enough you can catch up to us on the way to the Great Hall," Harry said.

"Yeah. I'll just go... dry off and change," Percy said, awkwardly walking off to the bathroom. Harry and the rest started walking down to the Great Hall.

"So why'd you think he's the Defense teacher?" Ron asked Harry.

"I dunno, he seems like a good bloke, but I haven't a clue why he'd be a teacher. The Defense teacher, no less," Harry answered. Footsteps were heard from behind them, and they saw Percy dashing out of the Portrait Hole, completely dry and dressed in an orange T-shirt, muggle sweatshirt, and torn jeans.

"Hey guys, thanks for waiting up," Percy said, sarcastically.

"Yeah, well you were being too slow," Dean responded.

They walked to the Great Hall, sat at their table and started eating. Half way through, Percy groaned.

"What's wrong?" asked Harry.

"They don't have coffee. They have tea, they have pumpkin juice, but they don't have coffee. Thanks, wizards of England."

At this time, Professor McGonagall was passing out their schedules. Percy raised his hand, and McGonagall looked down at him expectantly.