⁽ ¹⁸ ⁾ "ʟᴇᴛ's ɢᴏ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴏᴋʏᴏ!!"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to the start of season two! Enjoy!

edited on july 1st, 2021 @ 3:52pm

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - LET'S GO TO TOKYO!!

SEIYA WAS ON DAICHI'S TEAM as he had crouched down to save the ball. "Nice receive!" Daichi praised him. Seiya panted in exhaustion but still wanted to continue. Hinata smiled happily as he saw the ball and ran forward, Seiya noticed Kageyama looked over at him and got ready to toss.

Currently, the club was put into two teams, the red and white team, with the red team having 20 points and then Seiya's team, which was the white, were at 23. Not to mention they were at their fourth set, so he was getting tired.

Tsukishima and Asahi get ready to block the quick attack, only to be misguided when Kageyama had set to Tanaka who grins and runs forward. "All right! Here I go!" Tanaka announced, as he jumped up and smacked the ball, getting a point for the team.

"Yeah!"

Hinata bounced over as him and Tanaka high five happily. "Whoo!" The two cheered, as Tanaka grins and turned to Kageyama and Seiya. Kageyama and Seiya flinched, as they knew what Tanaka was asking for, but they weren't used to it just yet.

Kageyama held his hands out first, looking unsure.

"Wh-Whoo..."

Tanaka laughed as he went over and high fived the awkward first-year.

"Get used to it already."

Kageyama was taken aback by the high five but nodded. Tanaka turns to Seiya and held his hands out for a high five. Seiya sweats, not really used to this as it was Sora who mostly got all the praise. But Seiya held his hands out for a high five, Tanaka grins happily and smacked down Seiya's palms powerfully, which made him hiss.

"That hurt, Tanaka!"

"Sorry, sorry!"

He laughed, which Seiya huffed in embarrassment. Soon, they continued the practice match with Daichi being the one to serve. "Daichi, nice serve!" Tanaka encouraged. Daichi threw the volleyball in the air and hit it over the opposing team.

"Got it!" Nishinoya reassured on the other team as he receives the ball. "Left!" Asahi called out to Sugawara, as Seiya watched their ace spike down the ball pass Kageyama and Hinata who tried to block him.

Seiya used his quick reflexes to dive down, and managed to send the ball up. He was playing as libero on his team, since he was a little bit rusty in that position, but also so that he was equal to everyone, he mainly had to touch up on his setter skills.

Daichi came over to cover for him as he sends the ball up higher. "Chance ball!" Sugawara announced as the ball goes over the net, Ennoshita sets the ball up and Tadahiro saw Tsukishima run forward.

"It's coming again." Seiya heard Kageyama mutter to Hinata as the duo get ready to block.

The two jump, once Tsukishima had jumped up to spike but they were surprised when Tsukishima did a feint, Daichi and Seiya dive down for either of them to save the ball, but they were too late as the red team got their point which made Seiya sigh.

"It's just too easy to fool you guys." Tsukishima teased Kageyama and Hinata, who both had irked faces.

"What'd you say?"

"Now, now..."

Soon, Yamaguchi was serving on the red team, Seiya watched him, curious to see if he improved at all with his serves as he noticed him breathe in.