⁽ ³⁹ ⁾ "ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴏʀᴍᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴡᴀʀᴅ's ꜰɪɢʜᴛ"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on november 28th, 2021 @ 5:31am

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE - THE FORMER COWARD'S FIGHT

SEIYA WATCHED AS KYOTANI THREW the ball up high in the air as he did a jump serve, Seiya winced when he saw how he slammed the ball over the net as Daichi managed to receive it, but fell over due to the powerful spike.

"Sorry! It's long!"

"Mattsun!"

Seiya's eyes followed the ball as it goes towards Aoba Johsai, as Matsukawa scores a point when he spikes the ball down. He glanced over to the scoreboard to see where they were at.

Aoba Johsai

23

Karasuno

18

Seiya let out a breath, trying to shake any negative thoughts that he had in his mind as he gets into position to continue to play. Asahi was scooting the others back, as Seiya paid no attention to him. Kyotani does his jump serve as Tanaka was quick on his feet as he crouched down and saved the ball.

"Tanaka!"

"Yeah!"

Seiya watched as the volleyball went through the air towards him. He holds his hands up and did a small jump, sending the ball to Hinata who quickly slams it down, getting Karasuno a point, making the red head sigh in relief.

"Now I know why I quit being a setter after junior high."

Seiya felt as if someone was staring at him, he looked over and spotted Aoba Johsai's coaches staring at him once again. The red head clicked his tongue and looked away as it was Hinata's turn to serve.

"Shoyo, nice serve!" Nishinoya encouraged. Seiya widened his eyes when he saw how Yamaguchi was taking Hinata's place as the pinch server.

"I'm sorry, we're making a subsitution." Takeda told the referee, as Seiya watched Yamaguchi walk onto the court with confidence. He also saw how Hinata jogged over to grab the number plate from him.

"Yamaguchi, go get 10 points!" Hinata exclaimed as Yamaguchi flinched at his comment.

"That would end the match."

Hinata then offered the ball to him. "I'll forgive you." He said as Yamaguchi gave a smile and nodded. Seiya sweat dropped when he saw Tanaka and Asahi look at Yamaguchi with nerves for him.

"G-Go give 'em one, Yamaguchi!" Tanaka stuttered as Asahi was stiff.

"Y-You gotta k-keep your cool!" Asahi stammered as well. Seiya let out a long sigh.

"Nice serve!" Seiya called out to Yamaguchi bluntly.

"Nice serve." Seiya heard Tsukishima mumble out loud too. Seiya soon saw Daichi walk over.

"Give it your all!" He encouraged as Seiya got back in position.

"One, and..."

Seiya blinked as he looked over and gave a deadpan look at Sugawara and the others on the sidelines, doing a pose for Yamaguchi.

"Yamaguchi, one more! Nice serve!"

Seiya watched as Yamaguchi breaths in. He glanced at him and noticed he wasn't tense as he had been in the past, which made the red head slightly grin.