⁽ ⁵⁴ ⁾ "ʟᴏsᴛ"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

Slight spoiler for those who haven't read the manga. I'll just be mentioning what Daichi does in the timeskip as well as an important team!

edited on april 7th, 2022 @ 8:17pm

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR - LOST

"WE HAVE ONE MONTH UNTIL the Spring Tournament. I want you to use this time to improve on the one and only powerful skill in volleyball... The serve." Ukai was saying as the team had gathered around him. "I say this all the time, but don't just do your reps to get them over with. You need to always visualize that you're in an actual game."

"Right!"

"All right! Make sure I can hear you, newbies!"

The remaining members then began their practice.

It was the next day at school, as Seiya was walking next to Daichi, thinking about the ambush they had this morning with Hinata.

"How many times do I have to tell you... You need to always considering how your actions will affect others!" Daichi exclaimed.

"Good going, Hinata!" Sugawara praised.

"Suga!" Daichi shouted at him.

"Suga, I don't think you should praise him for that." Seiya mumbled.

"Whoops, my bad." Sugawara saluted.

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

"Rolling... Thunder... Double!" Nishinoya exclaimed as he rolled onto the ground, crashing into Tanaka in the process.

"Tanaka just got run over by Nishinoya!" Sugawara shouted.

"Nishinoya! Tanaka!" Daichi shouted in anger.

"Wait, why am I getting yelled at?!" Tanaka questioned.

"The hell are you two doing?!"

"My bad!"

"Noya-san ran into me!"

"You need to take this more seriously!"

"Hey." Ukai's voice was heard. "We'll be doing serves next."

"Right!"

All of them began doing their serves.

"Bring it!"

"Nice serve!"

"Out!"

"Don't worry about it, Asahi-san!"

Seiya jumped up as he did his jump serve, sending it to the other side of the court.

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

After practice was finished, Seiya and Daichi were walking home.

"Say, Sawamura." Seiya began as Daichi hummed in reply. "After nationals... graduation will come soon after. Any idea what you want to do?"

"I'm planning on entering the police force." Daichi responded.

"Huh? You're not gonna go pro?" Seiya questioned.

Daichi scratched the back of his head. "Going pro in volleyball is something I don't see myself doing." He answered. "What about you, Sei?"

"I signed a contract to play with the Schweiden Adlers." Seiya replied.

"Aren't they in the V. League? Division 1?"

"Yeah."

"Huh... To be quiet honest, I thought you would've gone straight for the National Team."

"I probably could, but I need experience playing for a professional volleyball team before I sign for Japan's National Team." Seiya explained. "You'll come to my matches, right, Sawamura?"

Daichi smiled at him. "Wouldn't miss it for anything. You and Sora will most definitely dominate the professional world." He replied.

"Well, he was the one who made me become a great player."

Daichi stops in his tracks, causing Seiya to hum and look back at him. "Sawamura?" He questioned.

"Sora wasn't the one who made you a great player, Sei. That was all you." Daichi claimed.

His comment made the red head chuckle a little. "I'm thankful you think that way, Sawamura. But without Sora, I'm just a normal player." Seiya stated.

"Play in a match with us during nationals. Not Sora. You, Sei." Daichi suggested, making Seiya widen his eyes.

Seiya finally let out a sigh. "All right. If that's what you want me to do, but it won't prove anything." He informed before walking up the stairs of his apartment complex.

Daichi watched him go. "Sei... I really wish you could see how much potential you have as a player, even without Sora." He thinks to himself.

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

A/N: Sorry that this chapter was short! Season four is really hard to write. Thanks for reading!

Word Count: 640 words.