⁽ ⁵³ ⁾ "ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴs"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to the first chapter of season four! Enjoy!

edited on march 17th, 2022 @ 7:51am

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE - INTRODUCTIONS

SEIYA WAS WITH DAICHI, SUGAWARA, and Asahi as they watched Tanaka tackle down Tsukishima, ordering him to shrink. "I wish I could get that excited about getting my height measured." Asahi commented.

"Hey! All of you pipe down!" Daichi ordered.

All of them were later in the gym, jumping up to touch the basketball hoop as Yachi measured their fingertip height.

"Tsukishima-kun got 334 cm!" Yachi announced.

"Aside from Akashi-san, that's the highest so far."

"Great job, Tsukki!"

"What are they doing?" A nearby basketball player asked.

"Apparently, they're measuring the highest point they can hit for the Spring Tournament pamphlet."

"Next, Nishinoya."

"Wow... I guess they really are going to nationals."

"Huh! They're jumping higher than me."

"Nishinoya's only about 150 cm, right?"

"I'm 160, damn it!" Nishinoya exclaimed.

"302 centimeters." Hitoka announced.

"Next, Kageyama." Kiyoko said.

"Here I go." Kageyama stated.

He runs forward and hits the hoop. "Um... 337 centimeters." Yachi informed.

"Next, Hinata."

"Right!" Hinata answered.

Hinata ran forward as he jumped up, shocking the two basketball players who were watching.

"How many centimeters is it?!"

"How high was that?!"

Kageyama and Hinata both shouted out in unison. "Just wait!" Yamaguchi told them as Yachi measured the height with the measuring tape.

"Let's see... 333 cm!" Yachi announced.

Hinata grabbed his head in irritation as Kageyama cheered to himself. "That's about the same as you, Asahi." Sugawara commented.

"Damn it... I'm not gonna lose." Asahi stated. "He's increased 5 or 6 centimeters from before."

"I guess guys really aiming to go higher are different." Nishinoya said.

"Higher?" Asahi repeated in question.

Nishinoya turned over towards the ace. "Well, when you're spiking, you're usually trying to match your height with the ball, right?" He asked. "But Shoyo's absolutely positive that Kageyama will get the ball to him, so he's always trying to jump as high as he can. Form and the starting run... I think those are both important in increasing your jumping ability."

"So you're saying that Kageyama's gradually making Hinata's jumps higher." Sugawara said.

"Is everyone here?" Takeda questioned, coming into the gym.

"Gather round!"

"Right!"

The team then gathered around Takeda and bowed. "Thank you all for your hard work. This is sudden, but I have some big news." He glanced over towards Kageyama. "Kageyama-kun."