⁽ ⁶¹ ⁾ "ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ's ɴɪɢʜᴛ"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on june 14th, 2022 @ 8:37am

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE - EVERYONE'S NIGHT

SEIYA ARRIVED AT THE MEETING place wearing a black hoodie with a dark red wind breaker over it. He spotted Daichi, Asahi, and Sugawara. The three stared at one another before looking up at the banner.

'Happy New Year'

"Wait, sorry..." The three turned to the sound of Kiyoko's voice. "Did I get the time wrong?"

"No, not at all."

"Happy New Year."

The three bowed to Kiyoko. "Happy New Year." She bowed back.

The five third-years began walking up the steps. "It's our frist time doing a shrine visit for the first of the year together. This is literally the first! So wait. What was last year's, then? Just a random shrine visit?" Sugawara questioned as no one responded.

"Hey, come on, already!" Sugawara shouted in irritation.

"No! You need to calm down, Suga!" Daichi told him before addressing Asahi. "And you should at least react a little. You're barely even breathing."

Soon enough, they reached the shrine as Seiya stood in between Daichi and Sugawara with his eyes closed and his palms pressed together.

"I'm gonna go pick a fortune." Sugawara informed.

"Me, too. I can't remember the last time I did." Daichi said, following Sugawara. Seiya and Kiyoko eventually followed suit. "What about you, Asahi?"

"I'd get pretty depressed if I picked a bad one..." Asahi responded.

"You'll be fine. You're over-thinking it." Sugawara reassured him.

Later, Asahi was looking at his fortune as Sugawara, Daichi, and Seiya bursted out laughing.

"Seriously?!"

"That's some skill."

"If you got "great curse," it'd actually be funnier or even lucky, but you got a plain, boring 'curse.'" Sugawara pointed out.

"It's like one of those morning news fortunes." Kiyoko stated.

"Shut up! What the hell did you three get, then?!" Asahi shouted in irritation.

"Future blessing." Daichi, Seiya, and Sugawara all replied in unison.

"That's way more plain and boring!" Asahi argued.

The group then began descending down the steps after their visit. "Come to think of it, when you go to a shrine, you're supposed to be thankful for everyday things, rather than ask the gods for things." Daichi spoke.

"Huh? But I asked for so many things..." Asahi admitted. "Like, concerning our matches, and even my future. I even asked for good health for the old dog next door. The gods probably think I'm super annoying now."

"The gods aren't that unforgiving." Daichi told him.

"I mean, I don't blame you for at least asking for us to win." Sugawara stated.

Kiyoko suddenly stopped in her tracks. "It's not like asking the gods to help will win our matches." She informed, making the three men have deadpanned looks.

"Uh, Shimizu..." Daichi trailed off.

"Right now? Did you really have to bring that up right now?"

"Don't worry. Even if the gods don't help us, we'll be fine." Kiyoko reassured them.