⁽ ¹⁷ ⁾ "ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴅᴀʏ"

Hello, readers! Welcome to the next chapter! Enjoy!

edited on may 25th, 2021 @ 10:57am

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - THE THIRD DAY

SEIYA WOKE UP THE NEXT day in a bad mood. "Today, Oikawa is going against Shiratorizawa and Ushijima." He thought. Seiya got up and put on his uniform. He looked at his black and orange jersey that was hanging up on his closet door knob.

"To think that our match against Aoba Johsai might've been my last." Seiya thinks to himself. "Would Sawamura really want to send us to retirement early and let the second and first-years take the mantle a little earlier?"

"Now that I think about it... I wonder how the second and first-years are handling it. Of course they would be feeling as equally shitty as we do. Us third-years feel like we let them down. They probably think the same." Seiya noted. His mind wandered to Kageyama and Hinata. "I feel like those two are taking our lost to heart. Not to mention Sora is still in a sour mood. I don't blame him though."

He just sighed to himself and looked away from his jersey, before grabbing his school bag and his phone before heading out of his apartment.

Seiya arrived at school as he walked through the third year hallway with his head low. Nobody went up to question him. The red head figured that they must've heard the news about their lost in the Inter-High.

He walked in class 3-4 and spotted Daichi and Sugawara sitting at their desk. Daichi had his head rested on his hand while Sugawara had a blank expression.

Seiya didn't make eye contact with them as he sat in his seat, looking over at Daichi.

"Sawamura... the last time I saw him like this it was back in junior high when we lost that one game. He must feel like he let all of us down. He worked so hard to get us where we were. Just to have us get kicked off the court just like that." Seiya thought.

Seiya looked in his bag which was opened. His black volleyball jacket was inside. He quickly zipped up his bag, not wanting to look at it.

During break, Seiya met up with Daichi, Sugawara and Asahi. "I think it's best that we back out here." Daichi began.

Asahi looked at him with shock. "Huh?" He said.

"I wanted all of us third-years to be able to compete in the spring tournament, so I wanted us to hang in there until then and go to Tokyo to fight. But..." Daichi continued as he paused.

"After watching the first and second years, I think it might be better to hand the club over to them." Daichi said. "Their futures are so full of promise, that it might be better to let them start as the mainstays of a new team. That way, the team will—"

Sugawara was about to say something, but Seiya beat him to it. "And I've known you long enough to know that you're so full of shit, Sawamura." He interrupted, Asahi and Sugawara looked at him with shock. "Tell me, do you really mean that? Because that sounds to me like you're giving up and taking the cowardly way out."

Seiya walked closer to Daichi. "If you already made your decision, I won't object." Seiya continued.

"If you're blaming yourself for our lost, Sawamura, don't. I want to be on the court with you guys again. We cannot give up now. We need to show the second and first-years that we'll always be by their side. Until the very end. We'll make it to Nationals, I just know it." Seiya ranted on.