Happy Birthday to Me? ~ Draco

UPDATE!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!
Yeah sorry, I just started high school this year so I've been getting used to it and figuring what I'm doing and who I wanna hang out with. Plus with all this COVID crap I'm kinda dying for inspiration so sorry I haven't updated in a long time. Also sorry this one is pretty long. Anyways on with the story.

I do not own this art.
Not mine.
Whoever did it you are an amazing artist.
Again this is not my art.
Credits to the artist.
Now on with the story.

•~•

It was after the Battle of Hogwarts, a bunch of us went back to Hogwarts to finish our studying, Draco and I included. I woke up later that because it was a weekend, the sun was shinning bright through the curtains already. I don't even know if anyone else was in the dorm room, all I knew is that I wanted to find Draco. It was my birthday after all and I wanted him to be the first person I saw he was my boyfriend after all. We started dating secretly in 5th year and then told everyone for sure the last night of 6th year. Anyways, I quickly threw on a knitted jumper and some jeans, and ran down the stair looking for Draco and there he was. In a way you could on find him in the common room, in a comfy jumper and sweats with his hair un-gelled and all over the place. He actually looked quite handsome, I wish he had dressed and acted all relaxed like that more often. As soon as he heard me tumbling across the common room he looked up from his book and smiled at me. "Good morning, love" he said putting down is book as I plopped down beside him, "how are you doing this morning?" He finished. "Quite well, it is a special occasion y'know" I said grinning like an idiot, until I saw his smile drop into a frown. "It is? Well I'm afraid I have forgotten what" he said, turning to me as my smile was swept from my face. How could he have forgotten my birthday?! He had never forgotten my birthday even before we were dating! How is this happening? "Well, yes it is, it's ummmm" I could tell him it was my birthday it would seem pushy and he would feel terrible and then I would feel pitied. "Ummm it's, oh it's Harry's anniversary for ummmm winning his first Quidditch match?" I tried, Draco wouldn't know, after the war when we went back to Hogwarts he and Harry had taken a truce. They'd dropped all their grudges and ended up talking and hanging out fairly regularly. "Why love I do believe you are correct, I best be going to congratulate him" Wwwhhhattt?! "I'll see you later love" Draco said kissing my forehead before leaving. After that I decided to go find Pansy and Hermione, surely they hadn't forgotten. "Hello, Y/N" Hermione had said, "What's up?" Pansy asked from beside her, "I was wondering if you guys wanted to hang out, it is special occasion" I hinted. "I'm so sorry we already have plans" Hermione explained, "Maybe next weekend" Pansy said. After that I went to Ron and Harry, "Sorry Y/N, we're heading to Hogsmeade with Draco, Neville and some other guys for a boys night out". Luna and Ginny. "We would love to hang out but we're going to visit Lunas father". Everybody was doing something else. Or so I thought. I went back to my dorm to find a note on my bed. It read 'Happy Birthday!! Get ready for a rematch, go to where we play with something small and round'. A scavenger hunt. At the bottom it was signed 'Your dearest. P.S. We talked to Dumbledore, all have special permission to be out of the castle tonight and tomorrow'. I was curious. Where we play with some small and round, small and round? A Snitch! The Quidditch pitch!

•~•

I raced to the pitch to see to George standing there with his brooms and a note. "Why hello, if it isn't Miss. Y/N" he said smirking and laughing a bit. "George" I yelled running to him and hugging him. "I believe I have something for you kind lady" he said bowing and handing me the note, "Why thank you kind sir" I responded curtsying and taking the note while laughing. The note said 'The house where Mendrakes cry and Neville watches us and sighs'. I laughed thinking of my group of friends being ridiculous in herbology while Neville could very well be a herbolody teacher. "Thank you so much George, I have to run but I'll see you soon" I said running across the pitch towards the greenhouses already, "Goodbye Y/N, have an enchanted evening and Happy Birthday" George called after me. I arrived at the greenhouses to find the note, but which one. That's when I saw them, a pair of earmuffs Draco had given me in 6th year to drown out the Mendrakes in class. There were hanging on the door handle of the first greenhouse. I opened the door putting on the earmuffs only to find I didn't need them. It was silent, and beautiful. Whoever set this up knew that I had snuck in this greenhouse at night too many times to watch the stars from somewhere warm. Then I saw it, the next note hanging from a Mendrake leaf. That's why I needed the earmuffs. I put on the earmuffs once more running to grab the note and get out of there as quickly as possible. I didn't stop running until I was almost at the castle doors. I quickly hid from view and opened the note. 'Venture beyond the gates and find the place where the candy is all over the place'. I almost sigh in relief immediately knowing it was Honey-Dukes. I ran to the gates before apparating to Hogsmeade and quickly running to Honey-Dukes once I got inside I began walking around, drawn to my favourite chocolate frogs. There it was, the next note tucked in the wrapping of one of the chocolate frogs. I payed for it before quickly going outside to open it. 'The place where we found where they hid from You-Know-Who when he was calling for him'. There best part about that note was the below the writing there a was a little arrow pointing to a drawing of Harry telling me this was where my some of my classmates hid when the battle that would change our lives was approaching. But where do they mean, they hid in the school didn't they? In one of the secret passages. I'm not going all the way back to Hogwarts now. Think differently, where we found them. How we found them! The hotel! Hogshead! I began running to the bar and inn. Aberforth loved me. He was a friend of my grandfathers and I had been visiting there since I could once I started at Hogwarts. I didn't stop running until got there, I quickly went inside to see Aberforth waiting behind the bar, "Ahhh Y/N, you've finally arrived. They're waiting for you upstairs in the room we used as a passage way." He said smiling, "Who's waiting for me?" I asked confused, "Ohhh you'll see" he said winking at me and motioning me towards the stairs. I was beginning up the stairs when he called to me again "Oh and in case I don't see you Happy Birthday" he said smiling.

•~•

I got upstairs to find Hermione and Pansy dressed for a party sitting, waiting for me. "Okay what is going on?" I asked walking in, "Oh Y/N, hurry up their waiting" Pansy said turning to me and getting up "Here put this on and come out fast" Hermione said handing me a dress bag, her and Pansy ushering me to the bathroom. "Oh and Happy Birthday" they both said. Seriously what is going on here? I thought smiling to myself as the door was closed behind me. I opened the bag to find a beautiful green v-neckline dress. I quickly put it on and went out to find Hermione and Pansy holding a note. 'What's 75-72 at a bar without you?' Huh? 75-72, that equals 3. A bar and 3, hmmm. "Three Broomsticks!" I said excitedly looking to Hermione and Pansy, they only nodded with smiles.
(Dress below, or you can choose your own dress, this is just a suggestion)

•~•

We arrived at Three Broomsticks shortly after 7. And there sat my friends. Neville, Harry, Ron, Seamus, Dean, Luna, Ginny, George, and the love of my life Draco. They saw us walk in and almost broke down right there. They were all here, Draco didn't forget. "It was all Draco's idea, all we did was pick out the dress and look pretty" Pansy whispered to me. Then she and Hermione grabbed my hands and led me to the table. As I arrived Draco stood up and everyone chorused "Happy Birthday Y/N!". I held onto Draco for dead life when hugged me, I cried, I didn't think that birthday could get any better. But it did. When Draco got down on one knee, and pulled out a ring. "Y/N, I have been in love with you for so long, I can't imagine my life without you, and this past year has made me realize how short life really is so you better grab onto the things you love now or you might lose them" at that point I was on the floor with Draco, crying tears of joy. "Will you make me the happiest person in the world and be my wife?" He asked. I just started at him for a moment, time seemed to stop, slowly my moved moved into a smile and a finally said, "Yes! Yes, god yes! I love Draco!" I said before kissing him.

•~•

"And that's it my love, that's how your father and I got engaged. Now it's time for bed sweetheart." I said kissing my beautiful daughters forehead laying in her bed to rest. As I retreated from the room I saw my husband, my beautiful Draco sitting on the couch as he was that day, wearing a jumper and sweats with un-gelled hair all over the over place.