The Bathroom? ~ Young James Potter x Reader

(A/N: Be ready for idiocy from James and Sirius, enjoy😊)

"I'll meet you in DADA Lils," I said to Lily as I stopped to go to the washroom before my next class, "Okay see you there, you want me to take your bag?" She asked quickly, getting ready to leave. "Oh yeah, that would be great thanks Lils," I said, handing her my bag before walking to the washroom. "Phew," I sighed after splashing my face with water, "It's nice to have a break from the boys," I said to myself thinking about the marauders and how they were always dragging me into their shit. I suddenly heard someone exclaim "Hey!", I didn't even know someone else was in here and why were they offended? Suddenly someone came out of one of the stalls, it was 'Lily' and after her followed 'Marlene'. "Lily?" I asked, surprised, "What are you doing here? I thought you were going straight to class and where's my bag?" I questioned growing confused, "And Marlene? What were you guys doing in the same stall?" I asked, still confused. "Unless, oh wait I'm so sorry, are you guys like a-a thing? Cause if you are I totally support you I didn't mean to come off homophobic or anything..." I trailed off as I looked up to see the two of them looking at me nervously, Lily was even sweating... it's December and it's freaking freezing throughout the entire castle. "Lils, are you okay?" I asked walking closer and putting my head on her forehead to see if she was burning up, "You don't feel like you're burning up, what's going on with you two?" I asked, backing away from them. 'Lily' cleared her throat, and I immediately knew something was up, the voice was way too deep to be Lily's. There was no way these were the real Lily and Marlene. The question was who was it? I decided to play along to see if I could figure who it was from the way they were speaking. "We, we, ummmmmm M-Marlene and I, we-we aren't a thing." Whoever it was started, 'Marlene' nodded in agreement. As the person continued explaining they seemed to gain confidence, stating, "I actually had my eye on James, I think I may have been wrong about him, he is pretty sweet," Oh Merlin, please tell me it's not Potter and Black pretending to be the girls. I thought a moment before speaking, this person had to know they were giving themselves away, "Really? Cause I remember you telling earlier today you thought his last prank was so lame, and his constant asking you out was annoying." I stated a subtle smirk growing on my face, 'Marlene's' face morphed into one of worry as she turned to 'Lily', whose face seemed to grow offended. I knew at that point it had to be Potter and Black so I decided to play around a little bit. "Plus Lils you told me you don't like James and I could go for him because of my crush on him," I said, pretending to be upset. 'Lily's' looked surprised and started blushing slightly as 'Marlene' seemed to go back to a normal state rather than worrying. That is until I continued, saying, "But I guess I did tell you I would go for Sirius instead since James was always pursuing you," I said, fake sighing, as 'Marlene' grew shocked and 'Lily' whipped her head towards her, almost in anger. I couldn't help, I burst out laughing at the boy's idiocy, thinking they could make me think they were my best friends. 'Lily' and 'Marlene', who I knew were actually Sirius and James turned to me surprised that I was laughing, soon realization struck and the both just stared at me unimpressed for a while. I recovered, wiping the tears that welled up in my eyes from laughing so much and stood up straight again looking at the boys with a smile on my face, "Did you really think you could me?" I asked the boys with a giggle, "I mean Lily, Marlene, and I literally talk everyday and basically live with each other, you must be idiots if you thought you could fool me" I said laughing a little bit more. "I thought we might have lasted a little longer after you started talking about your crush, which I guess was fake" James said, cracking a small smile and rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. I laughed a bit before talking again, "So which one of you idiots came up with the idea and also how long are you gonna be stuck like this?" I asked with an amused smile plastered on my face. "Actually we should be changing back soon, we took the potion a while ago we were practicing in here before you came, trying to get Lily and Marlene's voices and attitudes right, this idiot kept doing the same thing he did to you, practicing how to tell people Lily liked him." Sirius explained, lightly smacking James up the head, "And as for whose idea it was, it technically wasn't ours, Peter suggested it but then backed out and Remus just wouldn't do it." He finished explaining. "Okay," I said laughing, "One thing," I continued thinking about the flaws in their plan. James and Sirius looked at me with curious faces, "Where are your male uniforms for when you change back?" I asked, amused, Sirius and James faces morphed into ones of horror. "We, ummmmm..." James trailed off, "Hey Y/N, could I ask you a favour" Sirius said, "Let me guess, you want me to grab your uniforms and bring them to you?" You questioned. "Yep" "Mhm" James and Sirius nodded, "See I would but I'm about to be late for Defense Against the Dark Arts and I saw Peter with your uniforms earlier, he put them in the vanishing broom closet, they will be in the twin closet which I have no idea where that is so have fun with that, I guess you better go back to the dorms and get your extra robes quick before you change back," You said walking out of the bathroom as Sirius and James call your name.

~

"Y/N?" You heard someone call as you sat on the common room couch reading that evening, you turned to see James, the actual James, as himself, no longer looking like Lily. "Sup James, nice to see your back to normal and have your own clothes on," You said, turning back to your book. "Yeah" James chuckled, walking over and sitting beside you, "I um, I wanted to talk to you about something you said earlier, in..." He paused and you turned to him curious, "when Sirius and I were, well um, y'know." James said, slightly embarrassed. You'd never seen James like this before, it was odd. "What did I say?" You asked wondering what you had, in the moment having totally forgotten about the crush thing, "You, ahem, you said you had a crush on me," James said, turning to you. "I uhh, I wanted to know if you were serious" James said growing serious, "I- James, I-" I paused, I did have feelings for him but was now really the time to tell him, I mean he obviously has a thing for Lily, why else would he have tried to convince that Lily liked him, to make me jealous? I sighed, I guess now's a better time than any, "I do have feelings for you James, as more than a friend, but I really don't want this to affect ou-" I was cut off by James. More specifically his lips, I sat shocked for a moment before slowly kissing back, everything was perfect until I remembered he had a crush on my best friend, I pulled away and James looked at me in confusion. "I-I can't do this if I'm second choice James, I don't want you to choose me because you can't get Lily," I said looking into his eyes before getting up, I didn't get far. James grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to him, "Is that what you think?" He questioned looking at me in a way I couldn't describe, "That you're second choice?" He continued. "Y/N, you aren't second choice, you have never been second choice, I've never had strong feelings for Lily, but I've had them for you, since the day we met. I guess I went after Lily because I didn't think I deserved someone like you, you are so kind and smart and beautiful and free spirited, I didn't think you'd want me but then when you said that stuff earlier I knew I couldn't keep my feelings to myself anymore, that there was chance, even just the slightest chance, what you said wasn't a joke and that you liked me too." James said, looking at you lovingly. "I really like you, y'know what no, I love you Y/N, you are first, you always have been" James said pulling you close and leaning his forehead against yours, "I love you too James," you said tears of happiness welling up in your eyes. "Do you think we could try that kissing thing again?" James asked with a goofy smile, "Definitely" you said laughing before leaning in to kiss him again.

BONUS:

"So it wasn't a joke? She actually likes you?" Sirius asked James, the two of them sitting on the couch in the common room the next day, "Yep" James said, smirking as Sirius laughed and patted him on the back saying "Congrats buddy you finally got a girl", causing James to turn and yell "Hey!". "Hey Potter?~" You sang, coming into the common room, "Yes Babe?" James asked goofily, trying to show off, "Would stop bragging already and actually take me on the date we planned?" You asked James, causing his friends to laugh and him to blush, quickly getting up and walking to you, "R-right." He said reaching your side. "You looked beautiful by the way," James whispered to you, "Uh-huh, nice try" You said laughing as you two left the common room.