Chapter 18: "It's just a coincidence."

Y/N POV:

I woke up the next morning, my mind trying to and unable to wrap around the events from the previous night. Part of me wanted to believe it was just a dream, just a coincidence, the part of me that knew that shit like this couldn't happen. The other part argued that there was no such thing as coincidence. I didn't know what to believe and it was driving me crazy. His voice had been so clear in my ear as he whispered, "Please remember me." It was all I could hear in my head.

The only thing that made any sense to me on why I would be having these erotic dreams was that they weren't dreams. My body would feel deliciously sore in the morning and I was having a hard time believing that was from a dream. I had never been the type to remove my clothes in the middle of the night, but this morning I woke up in only my unbuttoned shirt. My silky pajama shorts were on the floor next to my bed. My mind could only wrap one thing to explain it all: Jimin is an incubus. As much as I didn't want to believe it, the evidence was there and I didn't know if I could deny it any longer.

My phone went off with a text and as I checked it, I felt guilty but couldn't help feeling relieved.

Jackson:

Hey babe

Meeting with my advisor this morning

Can't meet with you

I miss you

7:31 AM

Me:

No problem

I understand

7:32 AM

Jackson:

Meet for coffee later?

7:32 AM

Me:

Sounds good

7:33 AM

As much as I wanted to see Jackson this morning, I was too filled with feelings of guilt. I was cheating on my boyfriend or was I? Was it cheating if it was taking place in my dream? I kept trying to convince myself this was just a dream but it was getting harder and harder to believe that.

I grabbed my bag, stuffing my keys and phone inside then headed out of my condo, making the short walk to the college, my mind filled with thoughts of Jimin.

Jungkook was standing outside of the campus, his phone in his hand. He looked distracted but gave me a smile as I walked up to him. "Hey Jungkook," I said, giving him a quick hug. "How are you?"

Jungkook blushed at my unexpected embrace but then gave me a big smile. "Doing good," he said. "How about you?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I've got a couple of things on my mind, but it's not that big of a deal, I guess," I replied. I reached over and touched the ends of his hair. "What happened to the green?"

Jungkook gave me a surprised look. "Um... must have washed out," he replied, fingering the dark strands.

"Aww that sucks," I said. "It looked really good on you, but you're already handsome." The words came out before I could stop them. "Shit. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to blurt that out like that."

Jungkook smiled. "It's okay. Trust me. A pretty girl calling me handsome? How can I get mad about that?" he asked, a smug smile on his face. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure," I said, but then looked down at my watch. "Damn it. I have to get to class."

"Can you meet me at 11 by the fountain?" Jungkook asked, his face expectant.