Chapter 22: "Please. Please don't leave me."

A/N: DOUBLE UPDATE! Please read Chapter 21 first.

Y/N POV:

I sat in the café waiting for him to arrive. I was nervous to meet with him, but I knew it was something I had to do. I looked up when I heard the door open and the person I was waiting for entered. As his eyes met mine, he gave me a tentative smile. I was almost surprised that he had come. After Jimin left, I called Jackson and canceled the date, explaining I had some personal stuff to take care of. Jackson was understanding as usual and I felt a little guilty blowing him off to meet with someone else. After cancelling the date, I had sent out a text asking this sweet guy to meet me. He responded almost immediately agreeing to come.

As he approached the table and sat down across from me, I gave him a small smile in return. "Thanks for coming Jungkook," I said, my voice soft.

Jungkook smiled. "You said it was important. And after all that you've been through today, I wanted to be here for you," he replied, his voice bashful.

"Jimin came to see me today. Told me the whole soulmate story," I explained. "He... he confessed he is an incubus."

Jungkook nodded. "I know. I was home when he returned. He... he was pretty broken up. To be honest, I've never seen him like that," Jungkook admitted, his striking changing eyes sad.

"Tell me about the soulmates. Why... why did I feel a connection to you?" I questioned. I noticed Jungkook's smile drop a little further.

Jungkook sighed then ran a hand through his dark hair, hair that was clearly missing the jade ends. I knew the hair was part of the story, but I didn't know where it came in. "Jimin is your soulmate. However, if the soul shows signs of rejection, the matching soul can switch to another. It will usually switch to someone... someone who already has an established relationship," Jungkook explained.

His words caused my eyes to widen in shock, but it explained the pull I had been feeling to Jungkook. "Was... was my soul switching to you?" I asked.

Jungkook nodded sadly. "It was trying to. It was feeling the rejection from Jimin so it was switching to me," Jungkook stated. He pointed to his dark strands. "Remember when you first noticed the green?" I nodded in confirmation. "It was the siren in me recognizing you as a potential soulmate. And accepting you."

"What would have happened if Jimin continued to reject me?" I asked.

Jungkook gave me a sad smile then reached for my hand. "If Jimin would have rejected you, I... I would have become your soulmate," he explained.

"Why wouldn't it switch to Jackson?" asked, thinking of my best friend, my boyfriend.

Jungkook's eyes darkened at the mention of Jackson, the swirling blue and green disappearing, being replaced by an angry dark brown. "Your soul didn't sense a connection," he explained, his voice low, his irritation obvious.

"What happened? Why is your hair no longer green?" I questioned, switching the conversation off Jackson since the mention of him clearly bothered Jungkook.

Jungkook sighed. "Jimin didn't reject you. When he saw how upset you were, it broke him. He wants you. Wants all of you. Your soul, your heart, your love," he said.

As I sat there with the doe eyed boy, I couldn't help but to think of what it would have been like with him as my soulmate. He was sweet and so undeniably handsome. It wouldn't have taken much to fall completely for him. However, my thoughts were drawn to a certain silver haired man that had completely captivated me. The feelings I have for him are undeniably strong and ones I can't explain.

"Would... would you have been okay with me being your soulmate?" I asked suddenly.

Jungkook nodded his head. "Yes. When I noticed the hair change the first time, I even told Jimin about it. He... he didn't take the news very well. He begged me to not take you from him," Jungkook replied.

"Why would he do that if he didn't want me?" I didn't understand Jimin or what was going on in that stunning head of his.

Jungkook shook his head. "I can't answer that question. Jimin needs to tell you that, not me. It's not my place to say," he apologized.

I nodded in understanding. Jungkook and I stayed at the café for a little while longer, just enjoying each other's company. As we parted ways outside, Jungkook hugged me tightly, whispering in my ear. "I would have loved you and treated you well. If Jimin ever messes up, come find me. I'll take care of you."

I kissed his cheek by way of thanks and understanding then turned to go, leaving Jungkook in front of the café. I had a moment of regret but knew I was making the right decision. His soulmate was out there somewhere; it just wasn't me.

Jimin POV:

I watched my youngest brother hug my soulmate and whisper something in her ear that caused her eyes to fill with regret then kiss his cheek. She walked away from him and I knew they had officially parted ways, at least as potential soulmates. Jungkook looked up and caught my gaze. He lifted up a strand of hair and shook his head, confirming what I already knew. He then cocked his head in Y/N's direction – a subtle demand that I follow her.

I hesitated, thinking of how I would approach the matter. I wanted to go to her, but I knew if I showed up at her door, she would never let me in. I had to rely on my previous ways of getting in, but that would require me to wait. I was short on patience this evening, wanting so bad to go to her, to hold her, apologize for all my mistakes then tell her I loved her and beg for forgiveness.

I wandered around the streets, without a real destination in my mind for the next few hours. I finally approached her condo and noticed her windows were dark. It was a clear indicator that she was asleep.

I hesitated then disappeared, reappearing in my soulmate's bedroom. I was correct and she was asleep. She was laying on her side, her dark hair spread across the pillow and looked so beautiful that I thought my heart was going to explode.

I stripped down to my boxers then climbed into bed with her. She moved a little as she felt my weight shift the bed. I ran a hand down her cheek, the gentle touch calming her immediately. I could feel the pull from the soulmate bond and knew she was accepting me, knew that I was accepting her. I leaned towards her, gathered her in my arms and gently pressed my lips to hers. I moved them against her softly and heard the breathy moan she released at the feel of my lips on hers. I pulled back and she slowly opened her eyes, clearly not in a deep sleep. Her eyes widened in surprise and she went to say something, but I placed a gentle finger on her lips, silencing her.

"Please. Please let me say something," I begged. I could feel her tense up but then she nodded. "I'm so sorry princess. I hurt you and I never meant to. When I first found out about the soulmate thing, I admit I was angry and wanted to reject you immediately," I said, the regret heavy in my voice. Y/N went to pull back, but I tightened my arms around her. "Please let me finish. I didn't want a soulmate, but that changed. It changed so quickly. I was so jealous seeing you with your boyfriend or when you hung out with the fish." Y/N gave me a wry smile at my nickname for Jungkook but I continued. "I... I wanted to be the only one with you. The only one who touched you, kissed you, made you smile. I... I fell in love with you."

Y/N's mouth dropped open in surprise. I knew she was in shock at my sudden confession. She went to say something, but I stopped her. I didn't want to hear her reject me and I was so afraid she would. "Please. Don't say anything. Don't reject me. Not tonight. For tonight, please just let me hold you. Let me pretend that you love me. Let me pretend that you'll never leave me." Y/N hesitated then nodded and I pulled her close, wrapping her in my embrace. "I love you. I love you so much. Please. Please don't leave me."