Chapter 8: "But my soul... my soul called for her."

Y/N:

I woke up the next morning thinking about the dreams I've been having about the silver haired man. He was the most stunningly beautiful man I had ever seen. His husky voice as it whispered in my ear was positively intoxicating. As I dressed for school, I tried to push the thoughts out of my head, but I couldn't. There was something about the man in my dreams that had me absolutely captivated.

I was walking along the sidewalk heading to the college, distracted again by my thoughts. I heard a voice calling my name and turned to see Jungkook dashing up to me.

Jungkook stopped in front of me and gave me a big smile. "Hey Y/N," he said with a big smile. "Would you like to get a cup of coffee with me before class?"

I looked down at my phone to check the time. I still had almost 45 minutes before my class started. "Sure," I replied. "We can grab some from the cafeteria and go out to the courtyard since the weather is still warm."

Jungkook nodded his head in agreement. "Sounds like a good idea to me," he said.

Jungkook and I made small talk as we walked across the campus and into the large cafeteria. We each bought cups of coffee and headed out in the school's courtyard. We sat on the edge of the fountain in the middle of the courtyard.

Jungkook looked up at the mermaid statue at the top of the fountain and sighed. "Makes me miss my family," he said with a sad smile.

I turned and looked at the statue then gave him a strange look. "Did you grow up near the water?" I asked.

Jungkook shrugged. "You could say that. My life centered around mermaids and things like that," he replied.

"Was your family big into mythical beings?" I asked.

Jungkook took a sip of his coffee, humming a noncommittal response. "You really don't believe in mythical beings, do you?" he asked.

I shook my head. "Nope. Again, I used to when I was a kid. I used to think that I was going to be married to a vampire, or a werewolf or something. Too many movies about stuff like that I guess," I explained.

Jungkook laughed at my silliness. "Interesting. Not many women would be willing to give up their humanity to become the mate of a vampire," he said, cocking an eyebrow at me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I was always fascinated with mythical beings when I was a kid. I used to read every book I could on the subject, vampires, werewolves, sirens..." I stopped and patted Jungkook's back as he choked on his coffee. "You alright?"

Jungkook nodded, his eyes watering from the hot coffee going down the wrong pipe. "Yeah, I'm fine. No worries," he said.

"Just as I got older, I kind of grew out of it," I said, with another shrug. "As cool as it would be to still believe in things like that, I just can't. I have to be realistic."

Jungkook nodded, his face furrowed as though he were thinking. He opened his mouth to say something, but then closed it as though changing his mind. "What if you actually met one of these mythical beings?" he asked.

I laughed out loud at his question. "You're kidding right? What are you trying to say? Are you one of them?" I asked, the sarcasm evident in my voice.

Jungkook just shook his head, either in denial of my question or denial of my refusal to believe in these mythical beings. He went to say something else when a voice called my name. I turned and lit up at the sight of Jackson making his way across the courtyard.

I stood up to greet him and he pulled me into his arms, hugging me then kissing my lips quickly. "Hey sweetheart," he said. "I didn't think I would get to see you this morning, but I hoped you would be in your spot."