Chapter 23: "It means she is yours."

Y/N POV:

I slowly woke up from a pleasant dream, of a certain silver haired man, whispering sweet things in my ears, loving me as though I was the most precious being on earth. I felt a warmth against my body and the feel of strong arms wrapped around me. My mind suddenly registered the fact that I was not alone. I forced my eyes open, shock filling me at the sight before me.

Asleep on the pillow next to me was the silver haired man from my dreams. Jimin's usually immaculate hair was disheveled from sleep and his plush lips were turned up in a sleepy smile. His face was relaxed in sleep and was so different from the man from the night before. The sexy, domineering man I had grown so used to was replaced by this soft, sweet man who I wanted to snuggle even closer to.

Jimin's eyes slowly opened, the gorgeous stormy grey hazy with sleep, but clearing when he noticed me watching him. His eyes darted over my face as though he was afraid I was going to disappear and I could feel his arms tighten around me.

I tentatively lifted a hand and ran it through his silver hair, wanting to feel the silky locks between my fingers. Jimin closed his eyes in delight and let out a small moan. The sound went straight to my center and I could feel the moisture begin to gather there. I subtly rubbed my legs together, trying to relieve the desperate need that I could feel building. I wanted him so bad, but there was something holding me back. An image of Jackson flashed through my mind and I knew what I had to do. I subtly tried to pull myself from Jimin's arms.

Jimin tightened his arms again, his eyes filling with panic. "Where... where are you going?" he stammered, his sweet voice nervous.

I removed Jimin's arms from around me and sat up. "I... I have to take care of something this morning," I said softly.

Jimin sat up next to me, reaching for me again. Desperation filled his eyes as I moved out of reach. "Please. Please don't. Don't leave me," he pleaded, crystal tears filling his eyes.

As much as I wanted to give in and let him hold me, I couldn't knowing that I was still in a relationship with Jackson. I had to end it with Jackson first before I could knowingly give myself to Jimin. "I just have to take care of something," I tried to explain gently.

The tears spilled down Jimin's cheeks and his plump bottom lip turned a deep crimson as he bit into it harshly. He nodded his head and slowly stood up, reaching for the clothes he had discarded on the floor the night before. With his toned body on display, it was hard to tear my eyes away, but I forced myself to drag my gaze to the blanket resting in my lap. I wanted to give his beautiful frame the love and care it deserved, but I couldn't when I was still attached to another.

Jimin dressed silently then came around to my side of the bed. He hesitantly sat down next to me and reached for my hand, which I allowed him to take. I heard his sigh of relief and saw the tension visibly disappear. "I... I just want you to know that I... I love you. So damn much that it's tearing me apart to see you and know you're not mine," Jimin whispered, his voice breaking at the end. "I love you. I need you. I want you. Every part of you. My soul craves you but my heart beats for you."

The sweet words were enough to bring tears to my eyes and I brought a hand up to cup Jimin's plump cheek. I didn't know what words I could say that would appease his fears so I did the only thing I could. I kissed him. The moment his soft lips met mine, all thoughts of anyone or anything else disappeared from my mind. All I could focus on was the way his full lips moved against my own. The sensation of his tongue slipping into my mouth and softly rubbing against my own. The feeling of his hands that had moved to wrap around me, pulling me close to his body. I pulled back, my breathing and heart erratic.

Jimin leaned his forehead against mine, closing his stormy eyes. "Please tell me that meant what I think it means. I can't bear for it to mean anything else," he begged, his voice quiet.

Jimin POV:

After leaving Y/N's house this morning, I couldn't help but let my mind wander. Part of me was in an absolute panic that she was going to push me away again, that she was going to reject me, but the stronger part of me, the part connected to my soul, tried to reassure me that things were going to be okay.

I appeared in the living room of the house I shared with my brothers. Namjoon and Hoseok were sitting on the sofa drinking coffee and glanced up at my sudden appearance.

"Is... is everything alright?" Hoseok carefully asked, his voice hesitant. I could see he wanted to know what happened, but held back in case things went poorly.

I slumped down in the chair, my mind racing. "I don't know. I... I told her everything last night. I told her what I am, who she is to me, and how I feel about her," I explained softly.

Taehyung stepped into the room, running a hand through his disheveled orange hair. "So how did it go?" he questioned, his sleepy eyes filled with his excitement.

I hesitated, not sure what had happened. "Um... I spent the night with her," I replied, shooting Hoseok a glare when he raised his eyebrows suggestively. "We didn't have sex. I just... I just held her all night."

Namjoon sent me a confused look. "Then why do you look so down?" he asked. "It sounds like things went well."

I shrugged, not understanding what how I was feeling at the moment. "She told me she had to take care of something," I responded, the uncertainty evident in my voice.

Jin had entered the room halfway through my response, followed by Jungkook. Jin crossed the room and put a hand on my shoulder, while Jungkook stood at the door, his face filled with concern. "Don't look so worried. Remember she has a boyfriend. She probably needs to end the relationship," he soothed.

My heart clenched at his words. "How could I not be worried?" I asked. "What... what if she decides to stay with her boyfriend?"

Jungkook finally spoke up. "She won't. Y/N loves you. She doesn't understand why she fell for you so fast, but she loves you," he said, his voice soft, but then turned smug. "How else could you explain her rejecting me?"

I sent Jungkook a wry smile, knowing just how close I had been to losing her to my sweet younger brother. Would he have treated her right? I'm sure of it, but I knew that no one else would love her the way I do. Not her boyfriend and certainly not the fish. Jungkook returned the smile and I knew we would be okay.

Jin rubbed my shoulder in reassurance. "Tell me. How do you feel? Think past the worry and think of your soulmate," he said.

I closed my eyes and the image of my beautiful soulmate filled my mind. Her dark hair, her whiskey eyes, her lips that tasted like strawberries, the smile that graced her lips when I held her in my arms this morning, her tantalizing scent that drew me in like a drug. The pull of her was so incredibly strong and I longed to rush to her side.

I opened my eyes and looked at Jin and Namjoon. "What... what the hell was that?" I asked, not understanding what had just happened.

Jin gave me a bright smile and Namjoon let out a sigh of relief. "That... that was your soulmate accepting you," Namjoon answered, sending me a small smile. "That was her soul calling out for yours."

I widened my eyes in surprise, not wanting to trust the elation that was rising in my chest like a tidal wave. "Does... does that mean...? I began, but stopped, afraid to finish the question.

Namjoon nodded at my unspoken question. "Yes. It means she is yours."