Chapter 20: "If I didn't, I would lose her forever."

A/N: TRIPLE UPDATE! Please read Chapters 18 and 19 first.

Y/N POV:

After leaving Jungkook, I headed back to my condo, the anger and irritation filling my body and threatening to explode. How could he do that to me? I trusted him and he tried to tell me he was a siren. There was no way that was true, was there? The little things came back to my mind: the catfish at the restaurant, the conch shell bracelet, the changing eyes, the way the man in her dreams called him a fish.

I shook my head, dispelling the thoughts of the man in the dreams. I had convinced myself that Jimin was right that it was just a coincidence, but the more I thought about it, the more I couldn't deny that something was happening. I threw myself down on the bed, too tired from the events of the day to think about any of it.

The next morning, I woke up earlier than usual. I hadn't had any dreams about Jimin the previous night and made the assumption that I had seen the last of him. Maybe the conversation by the fountain was enough to dispel him from my thoughts and dreams. However, the idea of never seeing him again caused a strange pang of hurt in my chest that only dissipated when I thought of Jungkook. What did this mean?

After showering, I dressed in jeans and a bright blue sweater. I was hoping the happy color would help to raise my mood. I was hoping to see Jungkook this morning. I wanted to see him again and see if that pull I felt before was still there. I felt bad for how I treated him, but the idea of him being a siren was just hard to believe.

I made the short walk to the campus, thinking of everything that had happened. I felt guilty since the thought of Jackson hadn't really crossed my mind since yesterday, but I couldn't control it even if I tried.

As I approached the campus, my heart fluttered in my chest. Jimin was standing at the entrance to the college, looking as handsome as could be in black long sleeve shirt and tight black pants. I could tell by the way his plush lips turned up in a small smile that he was waiting for me. As much as I wanted to stop and throw myself in his arms, I didn't really want to see him right now. I went to walk past him and he reached out for me, grabbing my hand. I felt a shock go through me at the feel of his hand on mine and from the way he looked down at our hands, I knew he could feel it too.

"Y/N please," he begged. "Don't walk away from me." Jimin's grip tightened around my hand, not willing to give in.

"Then tell me the truth. Tell me what is going on," I demanded, my voice harsher than necessary, but I was tired of being led around like this.

"I'm an..." Jimin sighed and cut his own words off. "I can't. I can't tell you," he said, his voice dejected. "I can't. I'm... I'm sorry."

I wrenched my hand from his grip. "Then leave me alone. I can't do this. If you can't explain it to me then just leave me alone. Stay the hell away from me!" I snapped out, stalking away from him. I heard Jimin call my name, begging me to come back, but I ignored it. I couldn't do this anymore. There was something there that was calling me to go back to him, but I ignored it and pushed the thought aside.

I caught a flash of black and saw Jackson making his way from the parking lot. From the big smile on his face, he had missed the interaction with Jimin. He jogged over, wrapping his arms around me and lifting me off the ground in a hug. "Hi sweetheart," he exclaimed as he set me back on my feet, his voice excited. "I wasn't expecting to see you this morning."

I gave him a smile, trying to force thoughts of Jimin and Jungkook out of my mind. "How are you? How did everything go last night?" I asked, knowing he had been working so hard with the security breach.

If possible, Jackson's smile got even bigger and he laughed. "We got everything sorted out. Finally!" Jackson picked me up again, his enthusiasm contagious, making me laugh along with him.

"Good job! I'm so proud of you," I praised, giggling when Jackson ducked his head, his cheeks turning red.

Jackson looked around and pulled me behind the edge of the wall, out of view of prying eyes. "Can I take you on a date tonight?" he asked, his eyes hopeful.

I gave him a happy nod. "Of course," I exclaimed. "I would love that." I made the decision right then and there to move forward with Jackson. He was here and was clearly wanting to make me happy.

Jackson wrapped an arm around my waist then pressed his lips to mine. At the feel of his lips on mine, all thoughts of Jimin and Jungkook fled my mind.

Jimin POV:

As I watched that fucking bastard kiss my soulmate, I was torn between rage and pain. I was in love with my soulmate and the sight of her wrapped in someone's arms that weren't me made me feel things I didn't think I was capable of feeling. I felt a clench of pain in my abdomen that almost brought me to my knees. I quickly looked around to check there was no one around before disappearing and reappearing in the living room of our house.

Jin and Namjoon were sitting at the table drinking coffee. Jin jumped his feet at the sight of me, rushing over and wrapping an arm around my shoulders. He led me to the sofa and helped me sit down, the pain almost unbearable. "Namjoon what is happening?" I asked, beads of sweat starting to appear on my face.

Namjoon sighed and approached me. "I was afraid this would happen. Her soul is starting to reject you," he said, his voice filled with regret.

"What?" I demanded, my eyes wide in horror. "Why is she rejecting me? No. She cant' reject me. I... I need her."

Namjoon placed a hand on my shoulder. "You've rejected her so many times that this is her soul's way of protecting her," he explained.

My heart shattered at his words. To know that my soulmate was in need of protection from me absolutely destroyed me. "I need her. I love her. I want her. I want to be with her?" I declared. "What do I do?"

Namjoon took a deep breath then spoke the words that devastated me. "I don't know if there is anything you can do."

Right then and there, I made a decision. I had to tell her. I had to tell her everything. If I didn't, I would lose her forever.