Chapter 6: "I'm screwed."

Y/N:

The next morning, I dressed in jeans and a thin purple sweater over a black shirt. My mind kept flickering back to the dream I had about the silver haired man. I couldn't get my mind off what had happened. It didn't seem like a dream at first, but I didn't have any other explanation for it. I had spent so much time reading about the incubus lately that I had started dreaming about them. I shivered at the thought. I did not want to turn into one of those women. I wasn't going to use a mythical being to justify my sexual behaviors.

I grabbed my bag and stuffed my stuff for class into it, picking up my keys and my phone. As I prepared to leave my apartment, my phone dinged with a notification.

Jackson:

Have you left yet?

7:29 AM

Me:

Getting ready to now

7:30 AM

Jackson:

Can you meet me at school?

7:30 AM

Me:

Sure

I'll be there in 15

7:31 AM

Jackson:

See you soon!

7:31 AM

My heart started beating a little faster at the idea of seeing Jackson. We hadn't been able to spend any time together lately. Any time we make plans, something comes along and messes it up. It almost seems like the universe is trying to keep us apart.

I walked the short distance to the college and noticed Jackson waiting outside. He looked so handsome in his long sleeve button up white shirt and light colored jeans. His blond hair fell over his forehead and I wanted to just reach up and brush it back.

As I approached, Jackson looked up and a big smile crossed his face. He opened his arms up and gave me a huge hug, whispering in my ear, "I've missed you sweetheart."

The feeling of his lips so close to my ear sent shivers down my spine. "I've missed you too," I replied. "It feels like it's been a long time."

Jackson released me from the hug, but continued to hold my hands. "Yeah tell me about it," he said. "I actually called you here for a reason. I need to say this quickly since I don't have a lot of time."

I gave Jackson a concerned look. "Is everything okay?" I asked. My stomach clenched at the thought of what he had to say.

"Y/N, I... I...," he stuttered, his cheeks turning red.

I had never seen him like this. "Jackson, just say it. Whatever it is, it will be fine," I said, rubbing his fingers.

Jackson looked down at our joined hands and a small smile crept across his face. "Y/N, I really l..." The ringing of my phone cut off his words.

I looked down and saw an unknown number. "I've got to take this," I said apologetically. "My sister keeps losing her phone and I need to make sure this isn't her." I answered the phone with a quick frustrated hello.

There was no sound from the other end of the line. I looked down at my phone, but the line was still connected. I put the phone back up to my ear, but there was nothing. I disconnected the call and looked at Jackson. "I'm so sorry about that," I said.