Chapter 7: "Enough of this shit!"

Y/N:

I woke up in the morning excited to see Jackson. I was up and ready to go almost 35 minutes before I planned to meet him. As I waited, I played a game on my phone, but my attention kept getting drawn to the old book. I set my phone down and opened up the cover, pulling out the folded piece of paper. I set the paper down open on the table and tried to Google the symbols on the paper, but there was nothing. It was as though those symbols were unrecognizable.

I looked at my watch and realized it was time to go. I left the apartment with a happy smile and a lighthearted step. Jackson and I had made plans to meet at the coffee shop right down the street from the college. Hopefully he could finally tell me what he has been waiting to share the last several days.

Jackson was waiting outside the coffee shop when I arrived. "Thanks for meeting me Y/N," he said when I walked up, giving me a quick hug. "I feel like I never see you anymore."

I nodded. "I know. It's been a crazy couple of days," I replied.

Jackson opened the door to the coffee shop, gesturing for me to go in first. I stepped inside and he followed me in. "Want to grab a table and I will get our drinks?" he asked. I nodded and went to pull out money, but he waved it off. "It's okay sweetheart. I've got it."

"You don't have to but thank you. A vanilla bean Frappuccino would be great," I said with a smile. Jackson nodded and I headed over to a table against the window. I sat down and looked around the coffee shop. It was a modern looking place, all black, white and chrome. It had been open the last three months or so, but this was the first time I had actually been into it. After a few moments, Jackson came by with our drinks and sat down across from me.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked after taking a sip of my drink.

Jackson looked really nervous. "Umm... well the thing is... I... uhh... I like you Y/N," he stammered out. "More than what I should as a normal friend."

My heart started beating faster in excitement. Was this true? No it couldn't be. Jackson was so handsome and I was just a no body.

Jackson reached out and took my hands. "I know you might not feel the same way, but I really do like you Y/N," he said, brushing his thumbs across my fingers. "Will you at least please think about it?"

I smiled at him then squeezed his fingers. "I like you too Jackson. I have for a while now," I admitted, looking down at the table before meeting his gaze again.

Jackson's face lit up in a smile. "Are you serious?" he asked.

I nodded. "Yeah I am," I replied.

Jackson got up from his seat and slid into booth next to me. He brushed a strand of hair behind my ear then pressed his lips quickly to mine before pulling back and judging my reaction. I sent him a shy smile and he smiled brightly in return. "I'm so happy to hear you say that. I was so worried about telling you how I felt," he said.

Jackson and I sat at the coffee shop for a little while longer and talked. We made plans to go on an actual date the following week. We walked to the college together and before he said goodbye, he leaned down and kissed my lips softly again. "I'll text you later, okay?" he said.

"Okay," I replied as he walked away with a smile on his face. I headed into the college with my heart fluttering in my chest. All my worries about Jackson had disappeared. He liked me. He really did like me!!

"You look happy," a voice said behind me.

I turned around and saw Jungkook. "I am," I replied. "I really am."