Chapter 6 (Too Soon and Too Late)

(Y/N)'s POV

It had been one month after that suspiciousness flooded my head. All with all the things about job getting busier and stuff, I could feel that we weren't as close as before.

Especially after that awkward moment at the alley. She looked really shocked back then, she didn't even talk much...

And in term of job, I could tell that we were pretty busy. I tried to chat her, but she didn't reply back. Maybe her job was somewhat very distracting. Not that I wanted to get her full attention! But... she hadn't replied any of my chat...

I couldn't say I wasn't distracted as well. Plus, thinking about job and about Rosie at the same time, my head felt like it was about to split in half like a cracked coconut.

My job performance was getting lower and lower. And I felt more tired just by thinking about Rosie. No chat, no phone call, no meeting with her... I didn't even meet her at the church. As if I lived in a different time line.

And here I was, sitting on the canteen with a cup of coffee. I didn't even get much sleep for myself. "Bro."I felt a little tap on my shoulder from Jonathan. But I didn't respond because of how tired I was. "Shit, you don't look too popping. Something happened?" I just lowered my head, not wanting to talk about it about it.

Hell, I didn't even want to think even a bit about this... I was too confused. "Come on, lil' bro. Talk to me."

But... then again, I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell him... that I actually had a friend beside him. It's not like I would make him 'jealous', right?

And so, I told him everything about her. How things started back when I felt something strange about her, how I felt like she had something behind her... and how things back at the alley worked out.

Without telling her name, or her gender, of course. "D-Do you mind keeping everything that has happened today to ourselves?"

Her unusual statement really confused the hell out of me. As if our meeting was a proximity bomb that would explode as soon as someone realized that we talked to each other.

I still remembered Rosie saying that thing. And I would respect her wish. If she wanted privacy, then she would get it. Even if it would puzzle my mind.

"Guessing from your situation, I could tell that things wouldn't be easy... girl's problem, huh?"

I just nodded in defeat. "I don't know what made her mad... she just... left like that. And left me all wandering what in Heaven Earth and Hell I had done to make her cry like that." But he just laughed at me rather than saying something...

He relaxed a bit more and leant against the desk while sipping his coffee. "Boy, you're so far from romantic life." I looked at him the look of 'what do you mean?' "Girls are really hard to be guessed. At first, I always thought that Jisoo was a quite girl.

But after I got to know how she acted, I found something new about her. Every single time." He sipped his coffee, while I sipped his word with a big question mark on my head.

"What are you getting at?"

"You see, girl's personality isn't based on their look. You need to look deeper." I knew that, everybody said it. But the look on my face told him that I wasn't sure enough of it as I raised my eyebrow. "Not convince?" He pulled his phone and started typing. "Before I show you this, I want to hear your opinion about Jisoo. Everything. Looks, personality, anything goes."

I thought for a sec. and gave an okay before he extended his phone with his dream girlfriend on it. I looked thoroughly into her face, her figure, everything. From her face, her figure... "I'd say she's a quite person, she's so mature, she likes to pick her food carefully, maybe she likes keeping some distance with some animals too... guess that's what came out of my head."