Chapter 22 (Threat)

After the Blackpink left...

(Y/N)'s POV

After the girls went back to YG building, Jonathan said to had an urgent business at his father's office. His father wanted him to come too. Most likely, his duty... or so.

So here I was, with Kai A.K.A. Jennie's boyfriend, A.K.A. EXO's dude. As the day went along without the Blackpink and my friend by my side, I felt somewhat empty...

Not because I didn't acknowledge Kai's presence here. Maybe it was because I wasn't that close with him. Maybe this would be a good chance to get to know him better... that was, if he felt comfortable being friends with me...

"(Y/N)?" Kai's words snapped my thought into dust. "You haven't answered my question..." Kai sipped some of his coffee before leaning against the chair. Feeling confused with his sentence, I launched a 'what' rather than a straight answer.

"So, what does your heart feel for Roseanne?" Really? This again?! I felt somewhat lucky that Rosie and the others came in time to stop this conversation earlier... but now? There was no way I would say I had urgent business, right?

He'd feel abandoned... I had no choice but to... Ugh, what should I call this? 'Cornered?'. I could barely maintain the red wave from spreading across my cheeks...

"I... I... I'm not-" it'd feel like a lie if I said no. since we were being TOO obvious back then. With that 'accidental kiss turned into fortunate kiss' scene. "I'm not sure..."

I hoped Kai understood as he nodded before took another sip on his coffee. "You're not sure?"

"I-I'm just not sure... it'd be a big fat lie if I say no. I mean, who doesn't like Rosie? She's talented, her look is breathtaking... you know... those kinds of stuffs." My intonation went lower and lower the further I spoke. Okay, maybe I went too far...

"You just don't know, (Y/N)." but his statement said as if there was really someone that hated her. "You see, YG is not the best when it comes to taking care of their artist, you know..."

What? If that was right, please... "W-What do you mean?"

"You see, she's not treated fairly, you know... YG seems to have this strange stuff against her. As if she's not treated fairly among her members. Plus, she had made quite a lot of haters just because she sometimes looks better than the others."

YG could be that crazy? Just when I thought YG was an amazing company that could have such great girl-band, and a freaking building that was castle-alike, this came up. Well, guess that was what it they meant about the shady business part.

"That's why I'm curious. About how you think of Chaeyoung." Kai still waited patiently for my answer. I didn't wish to lie to anyone, including him...

Hell, I didn't even know since when I became this opened to him. Well, guess he was an easy guy to talk to. No wonder, Jennie chose him...

"T-To be honest, I got this strange feeling about her. Yet, I couldn't explain it verbally. It's too abstract that even words aren't enough to explain it...

When we hugged back then, maybe I would quickly pull away thanks to my trust issue. But I... didn't. In fact, I wanted to stay that way. And maybe, longer that it had to."

Even if I 'like' her, I still couldn't. She deserves someone better than a guy like me." I really confessed that far, huh? I was quite impressed by myself to push my limit this far.

Especially to someone I wasn't close to...

"Hmm... guess you're in the same boat as the 'me' two years ago." He looked somewhat glad that I opened up to him. So far, no regrets. Yet. "I felt the same thing too for Jennie."