Chapter 8 (Whispering Past - Part 2)

(Y/N)'s POV

I felt my life was never uneventful. First, I came out of nowhere to Korea. Then I met two people which turned to be my first friends.

One of them was richie-rich guy with a high tier car and his treat of spoiling me way too much with his infinite money. And the other was someone I met randomly, and turned out she was an idol.

I was really... really confused. What was God intending to do with my life? What was he even doing to me? Was this to test me? Or God was seriously playing with me right now?

I was now in my apartment, basically playing game in my PC... randomly... and guess what? This wasn't something I liked, yet it felt... enjoyable. I never wanted to play something when I was in this kind of condition, I couldn't help it.

But knowing that I had no other 'escape' in my head, playing games was the only option that came out of my head.

Especially with me being too... nerdy (?). I always thought it was a waste of time... now that I had try it... it was actually a pretty good thing for a distraction.

And it quite helped me distracting... Rosie, from my head. I couldn't make myself pushing her out of my mind... even if we hadn't known each other that long, I felt like she was too precious. She was the first person to ever reach me... after many years.

I may be not good at playing it, but, hey... As long as I was happy, it didn't matter. Did I say I was happy? Well, I wasn't THAT happy. I felt satisfied, at the very least.

I was enjoying myself playing Valorant until someone knocked on the door. Good thing I knew that online game was not pause-able, and fortunately, I was at the end of the match.

With 29 kills, leading the whole game.

So, I quickly abandoned my seat and ran toward the door before they knocked faster and faster. "Coming!"

Geez, if this is Jonathan, I swear I'm gonna-

My voices on my head stopped as I see three girls beyond the entrance... they looked familiar, yet I had never met them.

Lisa's POV

"HUH?! GOING TO WHAT-?!" I and Jisoo Unnie couldn't believe what we just heard... We? Going to... Rosie Posie's boyfriend?! "Yeah, I'll do you one better, Unnie. How and Where? It's already late!"

But she only smiled at us. "Our little chipmunk told us that he lived close to here. We're gonna ask everyone around here, that's how."

"B-But, wouldn't that attract too much attention?" Jisoo a little struggled with her English. But Jennie Unnie only nodded and gave a look that said 'So?'

"I don't care! Rosie needs us right now! And I'm not sitting here while watching that Rosie Posie going crazy! I don't give a damn about my idol stuff when my sister is on the line." She stood up straight with both her hands clenched.

Well, neither I nor Jisoo Unnie said no to her, and we went out after we brought everything we needed. That was including putting on our masks.

"Dalgom, you're in charge while we're gone." Jisoo playfully ruffled his fur before he answered it with a single woof. "Chaghan sonyeon (Good boy)."

And so, we headed out to the half-asleep neighborhood. We asked everyone around there. Shop keeper, minimarket employee, and even random people.

But none of them knew about the person who recently moved here... after 30 minutes of wandering around, our hopes grew thin. Until we found a small apartment. It was dark, minimalist, and... bad.