Chapter 23 (Suspects)

(Y/N)'s POV

It had been a few weeks after that threat- or should I say, 'promise' letter. Since then, I tried to add some distance between everyone, including Jonathan and the gang.

But of course, I couldn't make them realize of what problem I had faced back then. Besides, it could be a prank. But... a prank about ending someone's life because of me?

that letter was telling me that someone else's life was in my hand. Even though I didn't know exactly who... all I knew it was a 'she'.

Could it be her...?

I hadn't told Rosie anything about this, since I didn't want to make her worry about a simple thing over her busy work. And I didn't want her head to be filled by the promise letter.

Yet I was wrong that this was only a prank to start... this was deeper than just a simple threat. This must had come from someone with so much resentment toward me...

The second threat letter was sent when I was hanging out with the Blackpink, Jonathan, and Kai at a single café... a week after the first one was sent to me. The only thing I did there was taking Lisa's French fries one by one, having Jisoo teach me about Korean Hangul on the menu, Jennie teased me about how close I was with Rosie...

It was so much enjoyable, being close to them. But as much as I enjoyed it, it had to end with a waiter giving me a mail hidden within blank envelope. Specifically to me.

Of course, I had to read it privately. I felt really glad that they respected my privacy, as they left me alone to take care of my matters

Didn't want everyone to be vigilant of the letter, I read it inside a toilet. And who knew what this sender would do if I alert everyone about it...

And it said...

Don't waste my patient! Before you hurt someone!

And all I feel inside my head was stress from the time before this hangout event. Yeah, then why don't you become a man and come here? Everyone that fought using this trick was someone who had no balls, especially if the sender was a man...

I had to put up everything I had to cover this stress. Not knowing who to avoid and who I was going to hurt! What did I have to do?! Avoid everyone and stayed at home?!

And it was already the second letter I had received, which meant this was no joke...

As for the next few days, I had to avoid everyone as much as possible before I had the identity of this 'she' I had to avoid...

And it was a pain in the ass on identifying it. Brainstorming all day and night, I even missed my dinner time, I slept later than usual, I even daydreamt more than usual at work.

All for this 'she' I didn't even know!

So with that, I had to put up a test on every 'she' I knew. From work, from my neighborhood, everything. It took me two weeks to locate the person.

This person seemed to hate me for being TOO close with someone he mentioned. The only way to identify her was to trigger him again and probably made him mad... again.

And you knew what made things easier?

It was a good thing that I was an anti-social being. You knew what that means? I had a small number of friends! Especially the girls, of course. If I could count them, there were around three to five girls I knew.

Highlight this, I knew! Not 'I was close to'. So each day, I had to keep a track on who I shared contact to. And without even realizing it, I became to paranoid to whom I was talking to.