Chapter 30 (In the End...)

Back to the present

(Y/N)'s POV

"Do we even know where we're going?" God, how stupid could I be? I'm too panicked that I forget about the lack of information about her whereabout!

"Hold on, I'm working on it. Jo, you call Chu, I'll call Lili." I picked up my phone and started scrolling for Lisa's name. When the 'Lili' showed up on my screen, I quickly and immediately tapped 'call' while impatiently waited for the maknae to accept my call.

They had to know that someone there might die at any moment! I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if Rosie died without knowing that her crazy ex was hunting for her head... not like this...

But my hope quickly faded once I heard... "Hello, it's Lili here! I'm sorry I couldn't pick up the phone, maybe because I'm busy with work and other stuffs beside playing with my cutie cats! But please leave a message if something is really important after the 'beep'!" The moment her voice mail finished, the phone let out a beep, giving me a chance to tell her the message.

But instead of leaving her a message, I quickly ended the call as the phone screen showed the home page, knowing that it would be already too late when she read the message. "Shit, her voice mail picked up!"

I turned to see Jonathan who was on his phone too. I assumed that he was calling Jisoo for this. But his face didn't ease up and put down the phone. "Damn it... no luck on my end too." He put down the phone while continuing to put his focus on the road. "We can't call Rosie in this case. She deserves a proper meeting for this." Jonathan suggested just when I was about to tap her number and called her.

And when I thought about it, he was right... he was completely right about it. But with Lili and Chu out of the option, that left us with one person left to call. With zero ways of contacting her. "Shit, none of us know what Jennie's number is..."

"I do, actually." Tae Joon suddenly butted up into the conversation. "I can track down her number." He sat up and put his laptop on his lap, typing something. But... when the hell did he have the time to bring one?! "Full name?"

"Jennie Kim. And if that doesn't work, try Jennie Ruby Jane. Add Kim if you have to." His face suddenly filled with confusion. And I could tell his face was trying to say 'really?', but still gave an 'okay' hand sign to me.

He began searching in his magic computer, Jonathan kept getting us closer to the city, while I tried to search where they were in the media. "Is she a Blackpink member?" Tae Joon looked up to be before I nodded while keeping my eyes on the phone. "I don't want to get involved because of a 'stalking' issue. But whatever, here."

I turned toward Tae Joon's laptop to see Jennie's profile was there! Age, parents, address, origin, almost everything about her was there! And of course, her phone number. "How did you-"

"Hacking into the national ID databank is just as easy as turning on a computer to me. Now start typing and calling before someone realize I've breached into their system." I wasted no more time and quickly put up my phone and typed the number that was written on the screen.

"Way to go, Crypto." Jonathan looked somewhat satisfied and amused with how epic and crazy his friend was. Well, I couldn't agree more...

Once I finished, I held my phone near my ear while hoping that her phone would pick up... or at least her phone was active.

But to my unfortunate, she rejected it! Shit, why reject now of all time?! Knowing that she was the only lead I had this time, and my only hope, I kept calling her with a hope of being answered.

I didn't really care if she actually ended up calling me a freak before realizing who her caller was. But this was for Rosie and her safety...

"Come on, mandu (dumpling)... pick up!" I kept tapping the back of my phone with my index finger while waiting impatiently. And I hoped she didn't deactivate her phone...