*20*

Last Time

'Why did the clan plan a Coup? If Nii-san was siding with the village, why was he treated like a criminal in the end? Why didn't nii-san tell me back then? Why didn't nii-san bring me with him?'

With more questions appearing, Sasuke found himself wanting to still get stronger but this time, not for revenge, but to find answers.

*3rd P.O.V.*

Mai walked, holding onto her Teddy Bear as she thought over how things are going for her right now and her current options while she's in the village.

She knew that here mama and Pein-sama sent her here because something big was going to happen so they wanted her to be safe. But she had trained for a year with them, she was sure she could handle whatever it was...

'S-ssocial....In..teract-tion..ex..per...ience...' A low, scratchy voice sounded in her head.

Thinking over what Kuro said, it made sense. She may be skilled from what they taught her but she had limited social skills and no real life experience. These skills are essential.

Though she missed her Aka-family, she didn't necessarily dislike the village. She made lots of friends here and tried many different types of food. She had a feeling a lot more interesting things were gonna happen here in the future as well.

She will see her Aka-family no matter what again in the future. She wasn't going to lose her family again.

Finally reaching her home, she stomped her foot slightly, she could sense Kakashi sitting in the living room.

"You're home." Kakashi started, not even looking away from his book. "Did you have a good day?"

Mai nodded as she hugged her teddy bear. "Dango..." She simply replied as she thought back to the yummy treat that the raven-haired boy gave her.

"Oh? You tried dango today?" Kakashi drawled as his eyebrow raised. He really found himself getting interested in the girl and concerned for her. "Did you like it?"

"Mhm..." She mumbled with a small nod of her head.

"That's good. Don't eat it too much or you could become overweight." Kakashi warned.

Mai took the advice and nodded before heading into her room.

*Time Skip*

"Are you nervous, Mai-chan?" Ino questioned the small girl.

Mai was currently sitting in the classroom with her fellow classmates. Today was the day of the exam and she was waiting for her name to be called so that she could go in.

Shaking her head no, Mai responded to the blonde haired girl.

"Alright, Naruto Uzumaki. It's your turn now." Iruka called from the front of the room.

"Alright! Im gonna pass for sure! Believe it!" Naruto yelled before running out of the room.

"Hmph. There's no way an idiot like him is gonna pass." Sakura said, arms crossed over her chest. "I honestly don't even get why he tries."

"Yeah. He's such an annoyance." Kiba laughed.

Mai frowned from hearing the things being said around her by her fellow classmates and she felt her opinion of them drop.

"Meanies...." Mai said, a displeased looked appearing on her normally expressionless face causing the group to all quiet down.

'K-k-kill....them.....' A voice growled questioningly in her head.