*13*

*3rd P.O.V.*

"You sure are something, aren't ya Mai?" Kakashi said as he looked down at the small girl that was currently playing with her stuffed bear.

Said girl momentarily paused what she was doing as she looked up towards Kakashi, her eyes glazed over showing that she currently wasn't borrowing Kuros powers. Tilting her head to the side, she gave Kakashi an innocent yet confused look.

The silver haired jonin just sighed at the childs action as he thought back to the previous conversation he just had with the Hokage.

'Shes talented enough to be in the graduating class at only 9 ears old. Kids these days are growing more and more powerful.'  Kakashi thought to himself.

"It seems that you are to smart for your class so the Hokage and your teacher thought it would be a better idea to place you with this years graduating class so you can still make friends with your future team mates." Kakashi explained to Mai.

Mai just looked at him for a few moments, silent before actually saying something. "More.....friends?" She quietly asked.

"Yup." Kakashi sighed. Honestly, he didn't want her to graduate so early. Despite only just meeting her a little over a week ago he didn't want to admit that he grew attached to the child. She was quiet, well behaved, and easy to take care of. He also had a sort of protective feeling over the small girl as she seemed to be real innocent and oblivious to the real world. "You can make more friends."

"Ok." Mai smiled softly as she went back to playing with her bear.

Kakashi just shook his head at the girl before sitting on the couch and leaning back while pulling out his little orange book. "Something indeed..."

*Time Skip*

Mai was currently standing outside of her new classroom, staring silently at the door. Two days has passed since Kakashi had informed her of her class change and he had asked her if she wanted him to walk her to class again but not wanting a repeat of the last time to happen, she refused the offer.

Though now, she wasn't so sure if that was such a smart idea. She was troubled and quite nervous on meeting her new classmates. Despite being so happy to make friends before, realization had finally dawned on her. She had just gotten used to her old classmates so being thrown into a new room kind of shook her up a bit. The nervousness showed, not in her emotionless eyes, but her actions. For the past 10 minutes, she had been staring at the door while gripping onto her bear tightly.

"Hey! What are you doing just standing there!?" A loud voice called, causing the child to jump slightly as she snapped out of her nervous stupor. Turning, she came face to face with a blonde boy. He was dressed in an orange and blue jumpsuit and had whiskers on his cheek.

Seeing the whisker marks on his cheeks, Mai immediately wanted to hug the blonde boy. So that's what she did.

"Geh!? What are you doing, dattebayo!?" The boy yelped out in shock.

"Kitty..." Mai whispered as she buried her head into the blondie who had a weird scent to him.

The classroom door then suddenly swung open revealing a male with a ponytail in his hair and a scar across his nose.

"Naruto! What are you do-" The male was shouting until he notice the small silver haired girl attached to him.

"Iruka-sensei!" Naruto shouted.

"Ah, you must be the new student, Mai." Iruka said as he looked  at the girl. "Do you know Naruto?"

At the mentioning of her name, Mai looked towards Iruka. "Un, kitty..."