*10*

*Mai's P.O.V.*

"Well then, come along little one." Kakashi called as he began walking away.

I followed after him silently, listening to his footsteps so that I didn't lost track of him.

As we walked though, every now and then I would step a little bit harder sending out vibrations to show me my surroundings. From what I could 'see' the village was quite nice with plenty of homes and buildings.

It wasn't long till we started walking through the actual town either and we began drawing the attention of the villagers. It wasn't hard to tell they were talking about me either as I could hear their whispers as we walked by.

"Oh my....Who is that young child with Kakashi?" A female voice whisper.

"Awwww~ Isn't she just adorable~" Another female voice squealed, quite loudly might I add.

"Why isn't she looking up?" A male voice questioned quietly, probably muttering it to himself.

I just ignored the whispers though as I clutched onto Kuro a bit tighter in my arms and continued walking.

We walked for about 5 minutes until Kakashi suddenly stopped. "This is the Hokage's tower. We'll have to go up the steps to reach him." He said with a bored voice before walking into the building.

"St-steps...." I muttered quietly under my voice as my body began to fill with nervousness and slight fear.

I wasn't quite the master at walking up and down steps without using Kuro as we didn't have steps in the base for me to practice with.

Taking a deep breath though, and swallowing the fear and nervousness I walked forward into the building.

I stomped a bit heavily hoping to see the steps but I could only see a few. I quickly walked up those few while the image was still fresh in my brain. Now, this is the long part.

I could either do this quickly and just yolo it as I run up the stairs, risking the chance of tripping or missing a step, or I could do this slowly, taking my time to feel for each step with my foot.

I think I'm gonna go with the second option.

*3rd P.O.V.*

Kakashi walked up to the door that lead to the hokage's office and knocked on it, not even cheacking if Mai was still behind him following.

"Enter." A gruff voice came from inside the room. Kakashi opened the door and walked in, greeting the old man in white sitting behind a desk. The old man was known as Hiruzen Sarutobi, also known as the Hokage of the village. Hiruzen had two ninjas dressed in black on either side of him, all wearing a mask.

"Hokage-sama."

 "Ah, Kakashi. How was the mission?" The hokage questioned,

"The mission was a success, Hokage-sama but on my way to report in, I found a little girl asking to speak with you at the main gates with Kotetsu and Izumo." Kakashi explained to the older man.

"A little girl?" Hiruzen questioned, confused. "And where is said little girl?"

Kakashi, shocked looked down beside him before looking in a full circle around him. "Sh-she was just behind me!"

Just then, small, light footsteps could be heard approaching the room. The steps approached the door (which Kakashi closed after entering the room) and didn't seem to stop as they got closer. A small thump was finally heard as the door shook a bit causing everyone to sweat drop a bit, guessing on what just happened.

"Owie...." A small voice muttered on the other side of the door. A bit of shuffling was then heard before there was a small knock on the door.

The Hokage chuckled a bit as he called out and enter, allowing the girl to come in.

Small pats could be heard on the door before it finally opening and Mai stepped into the room, closing the door behind her.

The men all in the room watched as she stomped her foot once before walking and standing besides Kakashi.

"Hello little one. I am the Hokage of Konoha." The Hokage started "I heard you wanted to speak with me."

"Hai. I Mai. Mai 9." Mai said. "Mai want live here."

Inside Mai's head, she slightly cursed herself for her broken English and 3rd person speaking which tends to happen when she speaks to new people. Though, the others found it quite cute.

"You want to live in the village Mai?" The Hokage asked as the said girl nodded. "Hmm I can allow it but first I must know where you were before you came here."

Mai nodded her head before explaining, telling the fake story her and her mama made up. "Mai lose family when 3. Live with man who train Mai. Man leave Mai but tell her come to Konoha. Man say name was Derek but Mai think that fake name."

The hokage did find the story quite suspicious but he couldn't just tell the little girl no. He couldn't just send her to the T&I room either. He was also curious on one thing as well. "I see... You said he trained you. What did he train you to do Mai?"

"He teach Mai Ninja...and to see." she explained.

"To see?" He asked confused.

"Yes. Mai blind." She replied as she lifted her head up, revealing her clear eyes. She then suddenly blushed as she played with her hands. "That why Mai take so long up stairs...."

The Hokage looked at the small girl shocked that she was taught to be a ninja while also being blind. He then suddenly looked towards Kakashi who looked just as shocked.

"I-I didn't know! She was following behind me the whole time!" kakashi yelled, feeling the judgmental stares on him,

"Mai uses seismic vibrations to see when she stomps her feet. Kuro also helps Mai." She explained, hoping to save Kakashi as she held up Kuro.

"Hmm...I see." The Hokage replied. "Would you like to join the Academy then Mai?"

"Aca....demy?" She questioned with a tilt of her head.

"Yes. The Academy is where kids learn how to be a ninja. Considering that you already now some things and know how to see using other methods, I thought you might want to learn more." The Hokage explained.

Mai thought on what the Hokage offered when she suddenly remembered her mama telling her to make friends.

'It might be easier to make friends at the...Academy. '  She thought to herself.

Mai nodded her head, accepting the Hokage's offer.

"Good. You will also be placed under Kakashi's care. Although I am sure you are capable, you are still a child." The hokage said, looking towards Kakashi.

Kakashi sighed but nodded his head non the less.

"Mai don't bother Kaka...Mai can live alone. Mai strong." Mai said. She also remembered her mother telling her not to let others mock her for her blindness. She doesn't know if the Hokage telling her to live with Kakashi is considered him mocking her but she's not taking any chances.

"No. You will stay with Kakashi and don't worry. It's not because you're blind. Its because you are still a child." Hiruzen smiled, sensing the reason why the girl wanted to live by herself.

Mai nodded her head with a smile.

'Mama....my adventure is starting...'

----

Hi Guys! Hope you like the chapter! I'm hoping to get at least 2 books updated today since this weekend i'll be celebrating my 16th birthday. My actual birthday was yesterday but you can't really celebrate on a Sunday. Please Correct me on any mistakes I've made so that I can quickly change them!

Thank you~~~