*18*

Kakashi, not feeling any ill intent from the woman just followed along behind the woman dragging away his ward.

"Oh my goodness! You are honestly so cute!" The woman squealed as she reached her stall. She then began flipping through a bunch of clothes. "I just have to dress you up. I know just what to do."

The woman continue flipping thorugh the clothes until she seemed to have finally found what it was she was looking for. She grabbed Mai's hand once again and dragged her into a room, leaving Kakashi outside, reading his little orange book.

About 40 minutes later, the door finally opened and out came the woman followed by the littlee girl.

"How does she look?" The woman asked Kakashi, a big smile on her face as she was proud of her work.

Kakashi looked up and although his face didn't show it, he did think the little girl was quite adorable. Even more so then how she usually is.

She was dressed in a white dress with frills that fell and stopped just below her knees. Her silver hair was slightly curled with a bunch of red flowers adorning it. Her already pale face was painted to look similar to a skeleton and in her arms was the familiar red and black teddy bear.

"Kaka." Mai called out to the silver haired jonin.

"Mhm. It looks good." Kakashi replied as he nodded. He pulled out the money from his piuch to pay but the lady quickly rejected it as she shook her head.

"No, no, no. It's ok. It was really fun to dress her up."

Kakashi didn't really care and just nodded his head while putting the money away back into his pouch.

The lady smiled before turning to Mai and crouching down to her level "Now you make sure you have fun today and when the sun sets you pay your respects."

Mai listened to every word the woman said seriously and nodded her head.

Kakashi only sighed at the womans words as now he needs to take the girl around more. And that's exactly what happened for the rest of the day. Kakashi led Mai around so she could see different things and play games along the way.

Many people cooed over how cute the small girl was which resulted in her gaining many treats and other items for free.

Once the sun set, Mai began to become worried. She overheard that if you don't pray at your loved ones grave, they wouldn't rise.

"whats wrong?" Kakshi questioned the girl.

Mai looked up at him for a moment with a tiny frown for a moment before talking. "Mama and papa....no grave....Konoha..." She whispered.

Kakashi realizing the girls worried gave a closed eyed smile as he patted her head. "Do you have a picture of them? If you do, they can follow through the picture."

Mai nodded her head quickly before grabbing Kakashi's hand. "Home...mama...papa.."

"Alright, alright." Kakashi sighed. He picked up the small girl before quickly flashing to their apartment. Once he sat the child down, she instantly ran to her room. Once there, she shuffled through all of her things she brought with her form the as until she found a worn out photo of her family. It was their Christmas photo from just before that fatal incident.

Mai sat the photo on the floor before offering her assortment of breads and her sugar skull. She even offered some of the sweets she got for free. She then closed her eyes and thought of her family. "Mama...papa...Nee-san...nii-san..."

After a moment of thinking of her family, she suddenly felt slight weight on her shoulder causing her body to instantly tense up and go into defensive mode. Quickly turning around, she was ready to attack when she saw both of her parents standing there with smiles on their faces.