*15*

"Mai-chan! What happened to your face!?" Naruto yelled as he layed his eyes on the small child who had just walked into the classroom. His loud voice caught the attention of all the other students in the classroom causing them to turn and look cuiresoly at the small girl as well, wondering what happened as well.

She looked completely normal except for the fact that her face(over her eyes) was completely wrapped in a bandage.

"I'm okay kitty. I just used Kuro's eyes for to long..." She whispered to him quietly with a small smile. She was happy that everyone was so worried for her but she was getting quite irritated with always having to always repeat her self to everyone.

Though their reactions weren't the same as Kakashi's were when he saw her.

*Flashback*

Sighing, Mai stared at the blood at her hands. Sitting down cross legged on the ground, she placed Kurochi in front of her before poking his forehead with her finger while closing her eyes.

"Thank you for letting me borrow your eyes Kurochi..." Mai whispered as the bears eyes slowly began to turn black again.

'Mai....' A voice whispered back in her head making the small girl smile. Opening her eyes back up revealed the lilac eyes with blood dripping from them. Standing up from the ground, she grabbed Kurochi and started making her way back to the village not even bothering to wipe the blood from her face.

As she walked through the villafe and back to her home, she ignored the stares and whispers about her that she was receiving from the villagers around her.

"*Gasps* Look at that little girls eyes!"

"I wonder what happened..."

"Why is there so much blood?"

"Should we tell someone...?"

Mai remembered this happened to her before. After her-

Shaking her head, Mai rid her thoughts before they could drift off to her thinking of her family. She knew that bad things always happened when she though of that night and she didn't want to cause trouble for the Hokage and Kakashi.

Continuing on, she finally reached the apartment. Opening the door, she walked in. the vibration ripples around her from her stepping into the apartment alerted her that Kakashi was sitting in the living room on the couch reading his book.

"Where were you? You're returning home quite late today." Kakashi said, not even bothered to look up from his book. He didn't want to seem like one of those over protective or harsh guardians but he also didn't want to admit that he was worried when the girl didn't come home at the same time she usually does.

"Forest. Friends." She replied curtly as she walked up to him and stood and in front of him.

Kakashi made a noise in response before slowl looking up at the small girl, his eyes widening when they met hers.

"What the heck happened to you!?" He yelled as he stood up. Mai then began to explain to him that was the effects of her using Kurochis eyes for to long. Sighing, Kakashi began to scold the girl on her recklessness while washing her face and bandaging her eyes.

*Flashback Over*

And that's how it came up to this point.

Naruto stared at the girl with unsure eyes before shrugging and smiling widely at her. "After class do you want to go get some ramen together!?" Naruto once again asked loudly.

"Ra...men?" Mai questioned, confused on what it was.

Naruto stared at the silver haired girl in utter shock and horror. Not that she could tell though.

"YOU'VE NEVER HAD RAMEN!? YOU DEPRIVED CHILD! ITS SETTLED, AFTER CLASS WE'RE GETTING SOME!" Naruto yelled, still shocked over the fact that she hasn't tasted the godly food.

Smiling, Mai nodded at Naruto, still confused, before heading over to her seat and sitting down. As soon as her bottom touched the chair, she turned towards Sasuke who had been staring intently at her since she had walked into the room.

Sasuke made a small "Tch" sound when Mai turned towards him in mock annoyance. He was actually worried for the girl as well. Especially when she said her eyes were injured since she was using that bear of hers. That means it was partly his fault since she needed her eyes to help him. To show him the truth about his brother which he was slowly coming to terms with.

He wasn't going to admit any of this though so he just turned his head away.

Mai tilted her head to the side. She was confused with Sasukes behavior.

'Did he not like the truth that Tachi-nii wanted me to show him? Is he angry with me?' 

The thought of Sasuke being upset with her over the truth bothered Mai the entirety of class that she didn't even notice the day had went by and that school had ended. Mai was shocked. She had never been zoned out for this long.

'Mai...hurts...?' A small voice in her head asked.

Mai shook her head 'no'. She wasn't hurting, just confused and shocked.

"Hey Mai-chan! Come on!" Naruto yelled from the doorway.

Mai smiled at the hyperactive blonde and sat up and made her way towards him. When she was by his side, she grabbed his hand while her other arm and hand was wrapped around Kuro, holding him to her chest.

Naruto, looked at the girl for a moment before just shrugging his shoulders and smiling brightly.

'Is this what its like to have a little sister!?'

Walking out the classroom, the two made their way to the ramen stand with Naruto swinging their hands back and forth while talking energetically.

Behind them, they were surprisingly being followed by Sasuke, who tagged along to watch over the small child with the over hyper blonde, much to Naruto's annoyance. Behind Sasuke was a bickering pink haired girl and blonde haired girl, Sakura and Ino, who were just following Sasuke. Lastly, behind those two was Choji, Shikamaru, Kiba, Shino, and Hinata. Choji came along because he heard the mentioning of food and Shikamaru came because he always tags along with Choji. Kiba didn't want to be left alone so he dragged Shino along and they followed after the group. Hinata tagged along so she could be closer to Naruto and possibly get to know Mai.

When the group finally arrived, they made their way in and sat at a large table that would fit them all. (We're just gonna say there were tables and shiz.)

"Big group with you today, Naruto." A man with an apron on said with a big smile.

"Hey Teuchi-san! Mai here has never had ramen before so I brough her here to try it. I don't know why they're here." Naruto said while pointing to all the others.

"Oi! We're obviously here to eat ramen to baka Naruto!" Sakura yelled.

The man laughed before going around and asking everyone what the want until he landed on Naruto and Mai. "I'm assuming the usual for you, right Naruto?"

"You know it, dattebayo!" Naruto replied loudly causing the man o chuckle.

"And for you little missy?" He asked Mai with a smile.

Panicked, Mai looked up at Naruto not knowing what to get. Naruto seemed to have understood what she was trying to say so he turned back and ordered for her. "She'll have the miso ramen! Believe it!"

"Alrighty then. I'll be back soon with your food!" Teuchi-san chuckles before walking away.