*6*

Hey guys! I republished this chapter because when I tried to read it myself, half of the chapter was missing so just to make sure everyone else got to read it I republished it!

*3rd person's P. O. V.*

"What the Fuck was that shit!? " Hidan yelled as everyone sat around in a circle.

"Mai-chans Teddy came to life!" Tobi yelled happily.

"That bear could be quite valuable...." Kakuzu muttered in his own little world.

"I wonder what made her snap like that.... " Itatchi voices everyones thoughts.

"Silence. " came Pein's monotone voice causing everyone to instantly stop talking. "That bear seems to act as some sort of auto-matic protective system for her. There is still so much to find out. "

"It seems that the topic revolving around her family is what caused her to snap like that. I

"What are we going to do, un?" Deidara questioned as he tossed a ball of clay up and down in his hand.

"While you guys figure out what to do, I'm going to check on the her. " Konan said as she walked off.

*Mai's P. O. V*

Slowly, I could feel my eyes begin to flutter open as I looked up into blurriness.

Considering the soft and warm feeling I'm getting I'm could guess that I was laying on a bed.

Slowly, I lifted my body up onto all fours on the bed as I began to feel around for Kurochi.

I began to panic when I couldn't find him and was about to start crying when I suddenly felt the bed shift.

"Worry...not... I'm.... Here" I heard the strangled voice of my closest friend.

I quickly pulled him closer and hugged him tightly.

I sat there waiting on the bed for someone to come and get me. I didn't know if I was aloud to leave the room or not and was really about to when suddenly the door clocked open.

"Mai...? " a female voice called into the room.

I looked towards the source of the voice and could see a faint blue though I still couldn't make out who it was so I lifted my head into the air and took a quick sniff as a familiar scent and voice echoed through my head.

"Shhhh....its ok....its ok... We're your new family and we will never let you get hurt... It's ok..."

As fast as I could, I stood up on the bed before jumping up and bending my knees in the air as I hoped off the bed, my dress fluttering around me.

As my feet hit the ground with a thump, I quickly took off and hugged the woman's legs tightly, burying my face into them.

"Mama.... " I whimpered and I hugged her with now force.

"Oh Mai, sweetie.... I'm not your mama.... " the woman said.

My head snapped up at her words before I turned it to the side confused. "Mama? "

Mama sighed before bending down and picking me up.

I wrapped my arms around her neck and legs around her upper torso and I buried my head into her shoulder.

"Mama... " I whispered as I breathed in her scent.

I know that she's not my real mama. My mama smells like the ocean. This woman smells like lavender.

Although I knew she wasn't my mama, I felt that she was just like her. She gave off the same warmth my mama had and she has the same sweet, melodic voice my mama had when she sang to me.

I looked around but couldn't see nothing as the blurriness completely enveloped my eyes, surrounding me in darkness.

I couldn't use Kuro either because using him weakens us both and I can use him only a few times.

Mama suddenly stopped walking and I could feel as we began to lower until she sat down.

I wanted fishy so I clutched onto
Mama hoping to get her attention.
*Konan's P. O. V. *
(I don't think the story is going to take place in Mai's p.o.v. just here and there. I'm not sure yet)

I carried Mai back into the main room and sat down on a couch as everyone watched us.

Just ask I sat down though I could feel Mai's grip on me tighten.

"What's wrong? " I asked.

"I want Fishy.... " she whispered in my ear.

I smiled fondly. She really likes Kisame. I wonder why though.

"Go ahead. " I said as I sat her on the ground.

Though she just stood there.

"What's wrong Mai-chan? I thought you wanted Kisame-senpai? " Tobi questioned as he tilted his head to the side.

Mai just stood there. "I can't see..... "

"Ehhh? I though your little bear let you see? Un. " Deidara said.

"I can't use Kuro all the time." she explained. "It makes us both weak."

Kisame sighed as he stood up and walked towards Mai before picking her up.

"I'm here kid. " he grunted as he went back to sitting on the couch with her sitting on his lap.

"Can you tell us what happened to your family? " Pein questioned.

"Pein! " I hissed. What is he doing asking her that! She's still a child and doesn't need to remember that.

"Konan. We need to know what happened that night. " he explained.

"It's ok.... " came Mai's meek voice. "I remember lots of red wet stuff... Blood... And fire everywhere... And a man with long hair. He was like a snake. He hurt mommy and daddy and took nee-chan and nii-chan... I miss them...."

We were all silent for a while as we thought over what she said.

"A man with long hair and like a snake... That sounds awfully familiar. " Kakuzu muttered loud enough for us to hear.

"Do you know what happened to them? " Pein asked.

"Pein!" I hissed again but he just ignored me. I mean seriously! Did he just really asked if she knew what happened to her family!

"The nice lady said mommy and daddy went far away and that onee-chan and onii-chan are missing...." she explained with a far away look in her eyes.

"Well with no disrespect sir but I think that should be enough questions now. She is still a child. " Kisame said, breaking the silence as he stood up still holding onto Mai.

Pein just nodded his head before walking of to his office.

"What are you going to do now then? " I asked.

Suddenly a loud rumbling noise went through the room causing us all to get into a defensive stance as we may be under attack.

We waited for a few moments  but nothing happened.

"What was that? Did someone find the base? " Itachi questioned out loud.

"No... I think it was this little one... " Kisame said while sweat dropping.

We all turned and looked at Mai who was starring at us with a nonchalant face.

"...I'm hungry. "

-----

Sorry! I know it's been forever since I updated and I honestly don't know how it has gone for so long! I really don't know what happened to all my ideas for this story but I will try to keep it going. I'm not really one  for just quitting on a book.