*11*

*Mai's P.O.V.*

"Well come along then Mai." Kakashi said to me.

I sense him walking towards me and before I knew it, I was lifted into the air.

"Ah!" I gasped quietly in shock as I grabbed onto Kakashi.

"Judging from how long it took you to walk up the steps I'm assuming your not very good with walking up and down them so i'll just carry you down as it'll be quicker. " Kakashi explained, possibly sensing my confusion. "We can work on you walking up and down steps."

"Thank you Kaka..." I whispered as I hugged him, resting my head on his shoulder. Though that probably wasn't a smart idea as my tiredness from my travels here finally caught up to me. I could feel as my eyes slowly began to close despite my struggle to keep them open. I could feel my body grow heavy as I feel into a deep slumber.

*Time Skip*

"Mhmmm...." I mumbled quietly as I buried my head into the pillow.

Wait. Pillow?

Opening my eyes, even though I still couldn't see anything, I felt around on the bed I was on. There were two pillows and a blanket which was draped over me. Kakashi must have put me here as the last thing I remember is falling asleep on his shoulder. Also, if Kakashi did put me here, I can assume that I'm in Kakashi's house. Well mine now as well.

Wanting to get up, I felt around the bed looking for Kuro. When I couldn't find him, panic began to bubble up within me.

"Kuro..." I called quietly in a slight whine. Reaching to feel where the end of the bed was, I carefully crawled off as to not fall. As soon as my feet touched the ground, ripples of light went through the room, showing me where and what everything was.

 As soon as my feet touched the ground, ripples of light went through the room, showing me where and what everything was

I gave a sigh of relief when I saw the figure of my stuffed companion sitting on the table beside the bed. Taking a couples steps towards the table, I reached and grabbed the stuffed bear before hugging him close to me, nuzzleing my face into his.

"Ok Kuro...we're gonna be living here now so I'm going to need you help. It'll probably be best to learn where everything is..." I whispered to my bear. "Please lend me your eyes." I whispered while closing my eyes. I could feel the usual burning for a second before it disappeared again.

Opening my eyes back up, I looked around now being able to see everything.

I looked back to see the bed I was laying on slightly messed up from movement in my sleep. I quickly walked over and made the bed, not wanting to make messes. Once I was done, I did a quick scan of the room taking everything else in. The room was very simple with just a desk and chair and 3 doors. opening the door closest to me I saw that It was a closet. opening the door on the other side of the room I found a small and simple bathroom. Leaving the bathroom and closing the door behind me, I made my way to the last door which led out into a hallway. The hallway was small with only three other doors. Opening the two at the very end, I was faced with a small closet behind one door and a small bathroom, though slightly bigger than my own, behind the other door.  Considering that this is a closet and bathroom, I just assumed the last door which was across from my own was Kakashis room.

Walking down the hallway and out into the open I noticed that on my left was a half a living room and half dining room. On my right was a kitchen and a door which I'm guessing led outside. Looking around, I didn't see Kakashi anywhere.

"Kaka?" I called out, hoping he was here. When I didn't receive a response I sighed and made my way towards the couch in the living room. Sitting down I began playing with Kuro in my lap, waiting for Kakashi.

Only 10 minutes had passed when the door opened and Kakashi walked in from outside.

"Kaka..." I called out to him, getting off the couch and walking towards him.

He looked up towards me as I approached him. "Ah, good morning Mai." He said. My eyes widened a bit in shock as I looked outside the window. I hadn't notice that I slept throughout the whole night.

"Huh? Why are you looking outside the window? I thought you couldn't see?" Kakashi said, picking up instantly on my actions letting me know hes very observant.

"I can't but I can with Kuro's help. Though it takes a lot out of me." I explained to him as I held Kuro up in my arms towards me.

He raised his eyebrow up as he stared down at the bear. "Your also taking in first person now."

I blushed at him saying that as I turned my head to the said. "Th-thats because I was shy....whenever I meet new people I always slip into third person for some reason..." I explained to him. It was silent for a while before a light chuckle came from him and he patted me on the head.

"Well isn't that just adorable." He said through his chuckle. "Sorry I wasn't here when you woke up. I had to go see the Hokage. He gave me money for you so we can go shopping and get you some things. He says you will be starting the Academy tomorrow with other kids your age. Wait. Just how old are you?" Kakashi asked.

"I'm 9." I said while holding up 9 fingers.

"Hmm that's good. We thought you were around that age despite your shortness." Kakashi chuckled as I pouted. "Anyways, since your up, why don't you go get ready and we'll go shopping. Ok?"

"Un!" I nodded before running back into my room. Once in my room, I pulled my scroll from my weapons pouch which was still around my thigh. Opening the scroll a I pulled everything out of it and onto my bed. I quickly changed into a new outfit and left everything else there. I 'll put it all away once we get back.

Once I was done, I looked in the mirror making sure I didn't put my shirt on backwards or something.

Satisfied, I slipped on my ninja sandals and ran out of my room and towards Kakashi.

"Kaka, I'm ready!" I called out as I stopped in front of him.

"Good, now lets go." We both walked outside and he locked the door. We walked towards the center of town where he bought me some basic ninja clothes, basic weapons(even though I didn't need them), and little small things for me for the house. Once we were all done, we got dinner and headed home where we ate.

"You should go to bed now. You're going to have to wake up early for school." Kakashi said once we were done eating our ramen.

"Ok." I replied as I headed back into my room. Looking around, I realized I still haven't put my things away so I quickly changed before starting to do that. It took about half an hour to put everything where it needed to be. I was tired from all the movement and the use of Kuro so I quickly disconnected from him, enveloping my world in darkness once again. I would have to use Kuro tomorrow so I know my way to the Academy and can see how my classmates and teacher all look.

Walking towards my bed, I climbed up into it and under the blanket. "Good night Kuro..." I whispered as I snuggled into him. My body had the familiar feeling of getting heavy before I fell asleep.