*5*

*3rd P. O. V. *

All of the Akatsuki gathered around the sleeping child as she curled up into a ball.

"Kya~ she's so tiny~" Konan silently screamed as she gushed over the childs cuteness.

"How old is the fucking bitch!?" Hidan yelled, earning him a smack on the back of the head.

"Don't yell and don't you dare curse in front of her when she wakes up! " Konan hissed dangerously.

"I think she's 8 years old.... " Kisame said, answering Hidan's question.

"She's shaking, un." Daidara said as he pointed towards Mai who was indeed currently shaking.

"Tch, is she cold? " Itatchi asked.

They were all confused and didn't know what to do until she suddenly stopped shaking and her eyes cluttered open revealing two lilac orbs.

*Mai's P. O. V. *

I could see the familiar darkness surrounding me as I slept.

It was very comforting until pictures of my family began flushing through my head.

I wanted to scream and cry but I couldn't so I decided to just open my eyes.

I looked around and saw a bunch of blurry figures staring at me. I rubbed my eyes a bit and that cleared them up a tiny bit, making the figures somewhat visible.

I tilted my head to the side, confused on who they were as I clenched on to Kurochi.

"My name Is Pein, leader of the Akatsuki." an orange haired male said as he stepped closer to me causeing me to scoot back.

"She's scared of leader-sama." someone said, though I don't know who.

I looked -well I tried- around when my eyes landed on the shark man again.

I quickly stood up from the big cushion chair I was on as I dashed towards him, wrapping my arms around his leg.

"Ha! But the bitch sure as fuck loves that damn fish!" a man with the hair the same color as my own yelled while he laughed.

"Kisame, please cover Mai's ears please. " A lady with a nice voice said sweetly.

The fish-Kisame did as told and I then heard a bunch of screams and curses that scared me.

I hugged Fishy's leg tighter. "Fishy...... " I whimpered.

I could hear all the noise around me stop as everyone froze. I could feel them turn and stare at me.

"Her voice.... " someone said.

I turned to look at all of them but my eyes were becoming really really blurry so I closed them and sat Kurochi on the ground.

'Mind link: Kurochi'

I then could sense as Kurochi stand up and walk towards me, grabbing my hand. Now, his eyesight had been transferred to me so I can see clearly.

"Whoa! Mai-chans Teddy bear is moving! " a man with a swirly mask yelled.

"How did you do that. " the man with orange hair asked.

I just stared at him and tilted my head to the side.

"Why won't you speak? " he asked again.

"Un, I heard that she won't talk much for some reason. But she always talks to Kisame for some reason. " A man with blonde hair in a ponytail said..

"Hmmm.... Is that so?" The orange said. Now that I think back, I think his name was Pein. "Kisame ask her the same question. "

I looked up at fishy as he looked down at me. "How did you do that? "

"Mind link." I said, causing his eyes to widen.

"She really does talk to him. " a.....plant man? Said.

"Why did you do it?" Pein said, as the fishy repeated him.

"To see. " I replied.

"Why?" they continued to question.

"I blind. " I replied as I waved my hand in front of my face.

"Oh yea! I remember hearing that she was cut on her eyes the day her parents were killed. Though I thought it was a rumor..... " The blonde with a ponytail said.

His words struck me hard as memories of that night flashed through my head.

'I killed him...... '

I began shaking slightly as my breathing began to harden.

'Take the kids! '

'Run Mai!'

Tears began to build up in my eyes.

My mommy and daddy on the  ground in pools of  blood.

And with that last picture in my head, I screamed at the top of my lungs.

*3rd P. O. V*

Every one stared at the young girl as she shaked and breathe hard. Tears falling down her face confused on what to do.

Though they were quickly snapped out of their confusion as Mai screamed, scareing the crap out of them.

"What the hell!? What's wrong with her!? " Kakuzu yelled.

"Shut her up! " Pein snapped.

Itachi went to step towards the girl but quickly jumped back when the stuffed Teddy bear beside her suddenly grew larger as a mysterious scythe appeared in its hand.

"Stay...... Away...... " a strangled, deep and rough voice came from the teddy bear.

"What the Fuck?! That fucking bear just talked! " Hidan yelled as he pulled his scythe out as well.

"Distract the bear! " Konan yelled.

The males nodded as they began to fight with the bear distracting it from the only female Akatsuki member.

Konan quickly went forward and swept Mai up in her arms and began to sway side to side as she rubbed her fingers through Mai's hair.

"Shhhh....its ok....its ok... We're your new family and we will never let you get hurt... It's ok..." she whispered into the child's ear.

Hearing these words, Mai began to calm down as she snuggled her head into Konan's shoulder.

"Mommy....  " Mai whispered as she fell into a deep sleep all snuggled into the blue haired woman's shoulder.

As Mai fell asleep, her teddy bear shrunk in size as the  scythe disappeared.

The males then all turned towards the blue haired female and started at her confused as she stared at Mai with wide eyes, looking as if she wanted to cry.

"What's wrong Konan?" Their orange haired leader said as he  walked towards his partner.

Konan turned her head slowly towards the other and stuttered out, "Mai.... Sh-she called me mommy.... "