16

"fake smile"

- ari

---------

jack sat and cried.

for hours,

weeks

and 

eventually 

a

month,

its been a fucking month.

---

jack thanked the cashier while walking out with his plastic bag, making his daily visit to the hospital.

he smiled breathing in the warm air of a thursday and made his way inside the hospital reeking of cleaning supplies. he went into the all too familiar elevator, pressing the same old button he's been pressing for the past several weeks. 

floor 9.

jack heartfelt empty as he put the plastic bag on the table near zach, smiling sadly at the lifeless body,

he missed so much, god.

he held his cold hand, sitting on the nearby chair, and rested his forehead against it.

"i love you zach."

"please wake up?"

"im sorry,"

"its all my fault,"

and it goes on, until he falls asleep against his arm.

rough movement jolts jack awake, having him straighten his back and rubs his eyes,

"huh-"

jack froze.

"z-zach?"

and there it was, zach, now awake, eyes open and arms moving out to stretch. 

"what happen?" he yawned, looking at the curly-haired male, looking back at him in disbelief.

"zach- o-oh my-" and he bursts, tears spring out of his brown orbs, body quivering and a smile sitting across his face, cupping zach delicately only to wrap him up in his arms.

the moon sat in the sky, peeking through the window brightly, and all too suddenly, a burst of doctors and nurses came into the room.

"HES AWAKE!" everyone cheers, looking at zach.

the nurses start to work on checking him up and listening to the ongoing monitor. 

zach only stood still.

the fuck was going on?

jack smiled through his tears, even more, inching away from him,

"its been a month zay, a whole fucking month since i could hold you like this,"

zach looked around, confused as ever,

"jack? why the fuck am i in a hospital bed? and why the fuck are u acting like you haven't seen me in years?"

jack was gonna speak up but was only interrupted by the doctor's voice,

"he will be fine, just needs to rest a bit," the doctor assured jack, smiling kindly at him.

jack smiled back, giving a nod to the nurses as they walked out.

he turned back to zach, heart racing, silent tears gliding down his face.

zach sat still. 

"the fuck you looking at?"

and jack smiled. the widest smiled. it reached his eyes, his whole face illuminating prettily. "oh god I've missed you." he ran his fingers through his hair eyes screwed shut, and just feeling the man he's been craving for all these weeks.

zach sat still, heart racing, mind as lost as ever. 

"what's going on jack?"

---

A/N:

BYE ITS BEEN SO FUCKING LONG