As Above, So Below - Part 2

They hid behind some barrels in the basement of the Whyte Wyrm, watching Ghoulies in hazmat suits creating Jingle Jangle.

"Okay, we move quickly and quietly," Toni said as all of the Ghoulies walked out to take a break. They rushed in, Toni taking lots of pictures.

"Looks like Sweet Pea and Fangs were right," Veronica said as they looked at all the products.

"Yeah. Looks like the Jingle Jangle business is booming."

"This should be plenty of admissible evidence for blackmail, Veronica."

"Or a lawsuit," Aminity added after Cheryl.

***

"I hid the manual in the trailer," he was telling them as they walked down the stairs into the speakeasy, his and Betty's arms linked. "The thing's like a gold mine. I'll have to show it to you tonight."

"Well Ethel's gonna be okay, right?" Betty asked after he had told them about her attempt to ascend.

"Physically, but I think she's gonna need a bit of deprogramming."

"Oh, well, she can keep my mom company then," Betty said as they sat down. "The Farm got way deeper into her head than I thought and she knows something about G&G, Jug." She paused and looked at him. "And you still have Fresh-Aid on your lips," she smiled as she tried to clean him off.

"I wonder how long you're going to look like you ate a Smurf," Aminity chuckled as he glared at her. "I'll grab us some drinks," she offered, standing and walking away.

"You look beautiful, A," Veronica said as she walked up to her at the bar. "Purple's your color," she said as she looked at the lacy purple dress that she wore.

"Thank you. You look amazing too."

"Ronnie."

"What is it, Reggie?" Veronica asked as they turned to face him.

"We got a problem topside."

"Penny?" Aminity asked and Reggie shook his head.

"Your dad," he looked at Veronica.

"I got this. Have fun," she told Aminity before walking upstairs. Aminity went back over to their table, giving Betty and Jughead their drinks. They talked for a few more minutes, saying hello to a few people before Veronica and Reggie came and sat with them as Kevin walked onto the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, ladies and gentlemen. On behalf of Veronica Lodge, I thank you, one and all, for coming to the grand opening of La Bonne Nuit." Everyone clapped. "Now please welcome to the stage the one and only Miss Josephine McCoy." They traded places, Josie beginning to sing Anything Goes. The curtains opened behind her, revealing two dancers on either side of her behind lit panels, making them shadows.

"You know, if you moved that light and made them a little more blue and add a little of yellow it would light her better and enhance the performance," Aminity whispered to Veronica. "Add an extra layer of panache. If you want," she added quickly at the end. Veronica just looked at her in awe, glancing at Reggie before looking back to her, but she had already turned back to the show. Everyone clapped as she finished, more songs being played as everyone mingled, drunk, and enjoyed the party.

"You look so whipped," Fangs was telling Sweet Pea as Aminity walked over.

"You're only now realizing?" she chuckled.

"Oh, shut up, you two," he rolled his eyes, but they could see a light blush on his cheeks.

"You two clean up nicely," she changed the conversation, giving Sweet Pea a break.

"You do too, Princess."

"You look really nice, Aminity."

"Thank you, guys," she smiled. "Um, I'll see you later." They nodded and walked away as Veronica took their place.

"How did you know that stuff about the lights?" she asked.

"I don't know. I've seen a few youtube videos of musical theater shows and I guess I just picked some things up," she shrugged.

"Well, whatever it is, you have a gift and I want you to use it here."

"What are you talking about?"

"I want to hire you to do all the lighting for La Bonne Nuit. You'll be paid and you can come up with your schedule as long as everything is ready by show night."

"Really?" she finally got out and she nodded. "Yes. Yes, thank you," she hugged her.

***

Betty, Jughead, and Aminity walked back into the trailer to see it torn apart.

"What the hell?"

"What happened?"

"Did we have a break in?" Aminity asked after Jughead and Betty.

"Where the hell did you get this?" FP demanded as he came up behind them, holding up the G&G manual. "Have you been playing the game?"

"No," Jughead pushed him off.

"Don't lie to me, boy! I can still see the blue on your lips!" he yelled as Alice held FP back.

"Mom, what are you doing here? What are you two hiding?"

"Where did you get that book?" she demanded.

"Who gave this to you?"

"Something-"

"Jug, do not say anything," Betty cut him off. "Not until they tell us what they know about the game."

"You looking through my stuff now, Dad, really?"

"How did you even know he had the manual?" she asked her father.

"You don't get it. This game is... It's pure evil. And no one's ever gonna play it again."

"Hey!" Jughead yelled as FP went outside, everyone else following as he went to the fire. "Dad, I'm begging you! No one's gonna play Gryphons and Gargoyles, but that book may be our best shot of figuring out what happened to Dilton and Ben."

"How many copies are there?"

"As far as we know, that's the only one."

"Which is why you can't destroy it," Betty added.

"Please, Dad," Aminity tried.

"FP, do it," Alice said and he waited for a second before he threw it into the fire.

***

Jughead and Aminity walked through the halls, stopping as they saw Cheryl reading the Gryphons and Gargoyles manual.

"Um, excuse you," she said as Jughead took it out of her hands.

"Where'd you get this?"

"It was in my locker. Same with everyone else," she said as she took it back, making them look around and see every kid holding one.

"Oh no."

So I know I typically post on Tuesdays, but I wanted to post today because the season premiere is now available to watch on the CW app and I am so excited!