Requiem for a Welterweight - Part 1

They were coming back from Pop's, laughing as they entered the trailer.

"What's got you three so happy?" They all turned to see Gladys leaned against the wall between the kitchen and the living room.

"Mom?"

"Hey, Jughead," she hugged him. "Aminity."

"Mom," she smiled, hugging back.

"Hey, FP."' He nodded.

"What are you doing here?"

"I think what you meant to say is welcome home," she corrected her son.

"We're always happy to see you, Gladys. Just, uh, which you had called and told us you were coming to visit."

"Visit? Nah. I'm here to stay a while." Jughead and Aminity smiled, hugging their mom again.

***

"Good morning, sunshine. Wakey, wakey," Gladys said as she walked into the living room, waking Jughead up who had been sleeping on the couch. "Breakfast is served."

"Wow, Mom," he said as he took the covers off. She chuckled as she sat next to him. "Way better than the normal breakfast."

"Breakfast?" Aminity asked as she walked inside, taking Hot Dog off his leash.

"On the table," she pointed to the plates.

"Thank you," she smiled as they dug in, slipping a piece of bacon to Hot Dog.

"Morning," she said as FP walked in.

"Morning. I gotta get to work. Hey, if you need anything, you call me."

***

Jughead and Betty walked into the Swords and Serpent meeting, Aminity, Sweet Pea, and Fangs talking to the side as only a few others came in and sat.

"Where the hell is everyone else?" Jughead asked.

"Oh, we're down another eight."

"Another eight?" he asked Sweet Pea who nodded.

"All girls," Fangs said.

"Where are they all going?" Betty asked.

"Turns out Toni and Cheryl started their own gang."

"All the girls except me and Betty have defected to it."

"The Pretty Poisons." Jughead sighed and sat on the desk. "So, what do you want us to do, boss?" Fangs asked.

"Nothing. This is all because I banished Cheryl and Toni. I just need to talk to Toni, get her back into the Serpent fold, and the rest will come back too. They need to be reminded what it means to be a Serpent. I'll make this right."

***

"You're a Topaz. Being in the Serpents is your birthright," Jughead told her as they sat in Pop's.

"We're a family and we want you to reconsider joining again."

"You want me back in the Serpents, make me queen. I mean, since I'm legacy and all, right?"

Jughead sighed. "You know I can't do that, Toni."

"Because of Betty, right?" He nodded. "Then I'm not coming back."

"What are the Pretty Poisons providing you that the Serpents can't?" Jughead asked, leaning forwards.

"An opportunity to lead. With the Pretty Poisons, I rule. We're a sisterhood. Aminity, there's always room for more if you're interested."