Labor Day - Part 2

"It's been an hour and no sign of anyone," Toni said as they watched Hot Dog from a distance.

"Alright, Sweet Pea, you guys, keep a lookout," Jughead said as he took the cutting pliers from the bed of the truck, he and Aminity walking through the fence. "Hey, hey, bud," Jughead whispered.

"Hi, buddy," Aminity smiled as she leant down and Hot Dog immediately curled up near her, licking her hand.

"Come on, buddy. Let's get you outta here." As soon as he cut the metal chain, flood lights turned on and the Ghoulies, led by Penny, walked out of the shadows.

"Hiya, Jones'," she greeted. "Welcome back to the Southside. I thought this mangy mutt might get you to show up. We need to talk."

"No we don't, Penny. We're here for the dog."

"If you didn't want trouble, why have you been sending spies all summer trying to get in our business? Back off. Unless you want a replay of riot night."

"We've been sending scouts," Aminity nodded, stepping closer to Penny. "We were looking for Hot Dog," she lied easily.

"Now that we've got him, we're good." They went to leave.

"Not so fast," she said, making them turn around. "Your jackets. The Southside isn't yours anymore. That means you're no longer the Southside Serpents."

"Really, Penny? A jacket?" Jughead asked her.

She shrugged. "We could always just take it off your limp dead body. Or the Little Princess'," she smirked at Aminity. "Oh, I also heard Ponytail's a Serpent now, your Northside Queen. Maybe we'll go after her next. Or both."

"Fine. You can have the jackets as long as you and the Ghoulies stay out of the Northside."

"Oh, you don't get to make demands," Malachi stepped forwards.

"Why not? We're just making a deal. Both sides get a say," Aminity challenged him. He went to go towards her before an arrow lodged in his shoulder, making him yell and stumble back.

"Cheryl!" Jughead yelled, making her stop.

"Told you I was in the mood for some hell raising," they heard her say.

"That's it. Just kill them all."

"Cheryl, aim your next arrow right between Penny's eyes," he told her and Penny held up her hand, stopping the advancing Ghoulies. "If you and your Ghoulies take one more step, she's gonna release that arrow."

"And she doesn't miss."

Penny looked at them for a second. "Congratulations. You just made the Northside fair game."

"Then we get to keep the jackets," Aminity said before she and Jughead walked back to the truck, Hot Dog around Aminity's ankles. "See you soon, Jonsey, Little Princess." Sweet Pea started up the truck as they got in, Cheryl keeping her aim on Penny until they were out of sight.

***

"Hey, Dilton came by to see you, Jughead," FP said as he walked into the kitchen, Jughead and Aminity making their lunches.

"He did? What for? Did he say?"

"He wouldn't talk. Weird kid."

"No kidding."

"Says the man with the two notorious weird kids and one of the two weird kids," Aminity smiled. Jughead playfully pushed her head.

"So how's Hot Dog?" he asked as he sat down.