The Stranger - Part 2

"This is Hiram."

"I have the Red Paladin," Tall Boy said into the phone Sweet Pea held to his ear as Fangs held a gun to his head. "Him and his friends tried to ambush us in the woods. If you want him-"

"I do. Where?"

"Usual meeting place. Nine o'clock."

"Understood. Good work." Hiram hung up and Sweet Pea pulled the phone down, looking at the Jones' and Archie as they watched.

***

They watched from the dock as a black car pulled up, Archie kneeling in front of FP who was inside the Gargoyle King costume. A man in a black coat and hat got out, walking towards them.

"You're not Hiram," FP said and the man lifted his head so they could see his face.

"Tall Boy?"

"Looks like neither of us is who we were expecting," FP took the mask off.

"What the devil is-" Archie, Jughead, and Aminity stood, the boys grabbing his arms so he couldn't go anywhere.

"Claudius Blossom," Jughead let out. "You're not the Man in Black. What happened? Why would Hiram send you?"

"Because it was too easy. Why would Archie ambush the Gargoyle Gang?" Aminity sighed.

"I don't know what you mean?" Claudius said, trying to get away, but Archie and Jughead stopped him.

"Save it for the judge, Blossom. You may not be the Man in Black, but his stink is on you. I'm making a citizen's arrest."

***

"Hey, what's up?" Aminity as she she put her homework down and answered the phone.

"I messed up."

"With?"

"I accidentally told Archie that I kissed Veronica. He said something and I thought he already knew, but he was talking about something else and I am so screwed now."

"Have you told Veronica?"

"Yeah. I called her first. I just needed to talk to someone."

"I told you that you can always talk to me, no matter what. I just might not know what to say all the time."

"I don't even know what to say," he sighed.

"How did they take it?" she asked after a minute.

"Archie just walked away and Ronnie... I don't know."

"I'm sure she'll come around. It was an honest mistake. It'll all work out."

"Yeah," he sighed again and she could tell he wanted to change the subject.

"How goes the SAT prep?"

"Pleading the fifth." She chuckled. "I should probably get some last minute cramming in though. I'll talk to you later."

"Good luck. Bye." She put the phone down and was about to start on her homework again before her phone rang again.

"I need help," Sweet Pea rushed out quickly as soon as she picked up.

"Hello to you too, Pea."

"I'm gonna fail the SATs."

"You actually care?"

"Yes. Is that so hard to believe?"

"Kind of, yeah."

"Whatever." She could hear his eyes roll. "Are you gonna help me or not?"