The Dark Secret of Harvest House - Part 1

They walked around the school after prom night, two body bags on the floor and G&G symbols painted on lockers and the bathroom walls. Aminity sighed and held herself with her arms crossed while Jughead took pictures of the many symbols.

***

"So how in the hell did Hal Cooper fake his own death in a bus explosion?" Jughead asked as they stood in Curdle Jr.'s office.

"Well, I reexamined the tell tale hand recovered from the bus. See here?" he asked as he pulled the sheet off of the hand. "The erratic incisions at the wrist leads me to think this amputation was self-inflicted."

"So the Black Hood cut off his own hand and left it behind to convince everyone he died?"

"It's not an easy task."

"Humans have eight bones in their wrists," Aminity spoke up. "He would have had to cut through all of them. Not easy or painless." Curdle Jr. nodded and FP sighed, turning away.

***

"I still can't believe that Betty is living at the Farm," Jughead sighed as he walked back inside the house.

"She thought it would keep her safe from her dad. And after what happened at prom, I don't blame her." Jughead sighed and sat on the couch making Hot Dog hop off and trot away. "Hey, she'll be okay."

"Yeah," he sighed. "I do have our next quest though. Betty said she got the letter from a jester."

"I guess we start there."

***

"Ah, it's Louie, right?" Jughead asked as they joined a boy at a table in the student lounge.

"Yeah. And?"

"Well, this is kinda a funny story," Jughead smiled, "but a jester gave my girlfriend an envelope at prom so I asked around. Jester's name is Jerry."

"Jerry told us that he got the envelope from a druid who's name was Luna."

"Luna said that she got the envelope from a centaur named... Louie," he pointed at him. "True or false?"

"Yeah, I gave it to Luna."

"Okay. So here's the twenty dollar question," Jughead held up the money. "Who'd you get the envelope from?"

Louie sighed, putting his book down and taking the money. "Some kid gave it to me. He looked homeless."

"A kid?" Jughead asked.

"Dark brown shaggy hair, about this tall," Aminity held up her hand, "looka around thirteen years old, brown eyes?" Louie nodded. "Ricky," she breathed out, looking at her brother.

"Thank you, Louie," Jughead said, standing up and walking away with Aminity following.

***

"I should've known," Aminity sighed as Jughead carried over a bowl of ice cream. "Of course Ricky's responsible for the letter."

"Hey, you couldn't have known."

"But it makes sense," she sighed, taking a bite.

"We have to find him."

"How are we gonna do that?"

"Do you know if he has any friends that might know where he is? Maybe a teacher or other Gargoyle?" Aminity looked up from the bowl. She stood and pulled out her phone, clicking on the number.

"Aminity?" Septimus asked as he answered.

"Hey."

"Why are you calling?"

"Have you talked Ricky recently?"

"How did you know about Ricky? I never told you-"

"I ran into him here. Sep, I really need to know where he is."

He sighed. "Yeah," he said after a second. "He called a few days ago, saying he was camping in Fox Forest with some friends, going to ascend, whatever that means. Why?"

"I think he's in trouble. I'll call you back as soon as I can," she told him, hanging up before he could say anything else. "He's at Fox Forest campground. Jug, we have to go now."

***

They ran through the forest as fast as they could, desperately looking through the campground and the surrounding woods.

"There!" Aminity yelled as they saw a ritual sight, Ricky kneeling in front of it.

"Ricky!" Jughead yelled as they raced over, Jughead pulling Ricky up.

"You- You shouldn't be here." Aminity kicked away the full chalices as Jughead held Ricky back. "No! What did you do?"

"We saved your life!"

"Listen, kid," Jughead made him look him in the eyes, "I'm taking you back to civilization, alright?"

"I don't want to!"

"I've played this game. I know it makes you do some crazy things, but I need you alive 'cause we're gonna end this together."

"We answer to no one but our king."

"We?" Jughead asked and they turned as they heard twigs snap behind them, Dilton's troops coming out with sharpened sticks.

"Ignore the princess' sacrifice mark. It's been lifted. Kill them! Protect our princess!"

"Princess?" Jughead and Aminity let out before all the troops yelled, charging towards them and they started sprinting through the forest until they came to the bunker, climbing down and replacing the top just in time to hear them banging on the roof.

"Hellcaster, Princess," a voice from behind them said and they turned to see Ethel sitting at the table.

"Princess Etheline?"

"Help me, Jughead Jones," she cried. "You're my only hope."

"So now we're in space," Aminity let out. "Great."

Best ending of all time, if I do say so myself. I know it's super short, but I hope you enjoyed!