No Exit - Part 1

Aminity's eyes fluttered open as she heard the door open.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you," Sweet Pea apologized as he came and sat next to her.

"It's okay. I've done so much sleeping in the past few days that I could stay awake for a week if I wanted."

He chuckled. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine. Ready to get out of this hospital gown," she looked down at her outfit, giving a small smile. "It's itchy."

He laughed. "You have quite the way of letting us know you're back."

"Yes, because I meant to have a seizure."

"You never know," he held up his hands defensively as she rolled her eyes. "I brought you this," he held out a small teddy bear with an inscription on its stomach reading Get Well Soon.

"Thank you," she smiled gently as she took it and sat it on her lap.

He was silent for a minute. "You scared me. Plus when Jones told me about your breathing disorder..."

She looked down. "I didn't want you to know about that."

"Why?"

"Because everyone treats me differently once they know. I like the way you make me feel," she admitted quietly as she looked up at him. "I didn't want that to change."

"Hey," he put his hand on hers, "nothing's gonna change. I don't want you to feel like you have to hide things from me. I'm not going to treat you any differently."

"You say that, but everyone thinks I'm some piece of china that can break at one touch and-"

"You're not. You are so much more. I don't know what everyone else thinks, but I know I don't feel any different. You're the same girl you were a few days ago. Nothing's gonna change. I promise, Princess."

She let out a small breath. "Thank you, Sweet Pea."

"There's nothing to thank me for." She gave a small smile, biting the inside of her lip.

***

Aminity sighed, pushing the food away.

"You should try the turkey next time. If you put the gravy from the mashed potatoes on it, it's not half bad." She looked up to see a boy standing in her doorway. "Sorry. Didn't mean to creep."

"You're fine. I'm Aminity."

"Oliver."

"You wanna come in?" she asked after a second.

He smiled. "Sure."

***

Aminity smiled as she watched Josie sing Cabaret on the stage, the crowd loving it.

"You've got quite the grin," Reggie said as he looked over.

"I missed this place."

"We missed you too." They smiled at each other before Veronica walked over.

"What's the good word, Reginald?"

"The kegs are tapped out. We've got more empty bottles than full. Hell, even your mocktails are selling out tonight." She chuckled. "It's nuts." Veronica watched Josie as she finished the song, Reggie only having eyes for Veronica. Reggie glanced at Aminity as she gave a small smirk. She winked and he rolled his eyes, but she saw the small blush on his cheeks.

***

"Betty had some bad news," Jughead said as he walked into the trailer, finding Aminity reading on the couch with Hot Dog in her lap.