chp 8 : Dinner with the Granger

A deafening silence had fallen over the before boisterous room . Even the usual clattering of forks and spoons have stop . An effect Draco actually liked .

The reaction wasn't a surprise seeing that the young Malfoy was hardly seen in public or in a room full of influential and prosperous people even though he owned one the best and expensive restaurants around Muggle England .

Dinning with their family , love ones was just a pretense . Most of the businessmen here came to his restaurant with the sole motive of meeting the young independent hotelier .

To open a chain of such high class expensive restaurants without any financial help one after the other meant that he was either from a well endowed family or he was an ex-thief who have loote . But from the way Draco Malfoy carried himself , with an air of aristocracy , Mark knew that it wasn't the latter .

Mark Donovan was well-known among the businessmen . Not like the Granger . Grangers had made their name in the businessmen world because of Rose's father . Tylor was just running the company , even though he had sign some great deals (by stealing ideas from young innovators expecting Donovan Firm to look after the legal matters .)

He agreed that Tylor had introduced him to all the high class businessmen (which Tylor never failed to remind Mark) but disagrees that they were his clients because of Tylor . Tylor may have seen Mark's potential , but what ever Donovan Firm was today it was because of Mark's efforts .

But maybe if he secure Mr. Malfoy as his client or even marry off his daughter to Draco just like how Rose was married off to him , he could finally look down on Tylor . And the only barrier to his otherwise successful plan was his useless niece Hermione who was currently on the receiving end of Draco Malfoy's attention . Not his daughter or his other nieces or any of the other powerful people on the room but her , the person who was shipped of to an exclusive school which he was sure was a load of bulshit .

"We meet again Miss Granger . How is Abraxas ?" Draco asked Hermione taking her tiny hand in his and kissing her knuckles as Laura's world tilted on its axis .

No ! Draco was suppose to kissed her hand not her idiotic cousin . Draco's grey eyes should be focused on her , that infamous smirk should be directed towards her and only her , Laura thought horrified .

Not to forget that it has to be Her , Hermione . She have always upped her at every turn and now Draco . If it had been Catherine instead , she could have accepted it . But it had to be Hermione , always Her .

" Just being his usual self . Poking his crooked nose into matters he his warned not to " Hermione replied in a teasing tone to Draco unaware of the turmoil running inside Laura's mind .

Draco couldn't help but laugh at his girlfriend's antics . Ignoring the shocked faces on the occupants of the table and the whispers around the hall he replied to his fiery witch -

" I supposed you are the one to be blamed for that and I would like to remind you that my friend's nose is perfectly straight . I would be surprised if I even find a single flaw on your boyfriend's face ."

Hermione opened her mouth to retort but was cut by Catherine , " I am definitely sure he is not as striking as you are Mr. Malfoy ." Draco turned towards her , noticing her for the first time . He smirked towards her and diverted his attention back to his girlfriend ,

"Ohh , I think Hermione here would disagree with that ." Hermione raised her right eyebrow and opened her mouth to reply but was again cut by

" Ignore her Draco , I mean Mr. Malfoy , I am a model and I recognize a handsome man when I see one . Ohh how ill mannerd of me , I am Catherine Donovan . Its really nice to meet you . Why don't you join us for dinner " Catherine finished with a dazzling smile .