chp 3 - The Not So Favourite Relatives

Hermione Granger hated to be late , even if it was to a Family Reunion she so didn't wanted to attend . She wouldn't have been late if it wasn't for her annoying boyfriend she loved so much .

Draco had tried hard to stopped her from going to the reunion . Joining her in the shower without permission , though Hermione wasn't complaining , peppering kisses along her neck while she 'tried' to get ready and then again taking her against the dressing table . Hermione shaked her head at the thought . Hard was a understatement for the efforts he had made .

But all it did was delay Hermione . Cause she was as stubborn as him . Too stubborn , her charming wizard had complained , once she had finally managed to get out of the door completely dress , ignoring the compliment he was raining on her for her looks and what not . "You can't go out looking so stunning without me , and since you don't want me to come with you lets just spend the evening cuddling with a novel" was Draco's last attempt to stop her , and she had caved in , almost , but she ignored the cute pout of her wizard , with a heavy heart give him a chaste kiss on the lips and stepped out of the door because she had some relatives to show she was no more the girl they used to bully . She would never say it aloud but she did enjoyed the attention he was giving her

Normally she would have turned a blind eye to all their taunts but this time they had crossed a line .  Even when she was small her cousins used to pass comments on her bushy hairs and how ugly she was . And she was okay with it even though she would always locked herself in the restroom and cried her eyes out because there was some truth in their taunts .

But this time her aunt had crossed a line by taunting her about not having a job and on her education . That was not acceptable . She was indirectly calling her an idiot a ....a useless dumb girl . This Hermione could never accept . Not in the slightest . She was as the wizarding world calls her 'The brightest of her age' . And so when she had finished reading the bloody letter she made a decision .

It was time she showed her so called relatives that she was no longer the girl they used to bully . This time when they  are going to push her she is going to push back with the same force if not more . Hermione smirk just liked her boyfriend when he was planning something mischievous or something along lines of evil .

She was ready . Her mother had told her everything she needed to know about her relatives .

Her Family consisted of :

Uncle Tylor and Aunt Margaret
(Her father's brother and his wife)
They have two daughters Laura , who was her main tormentor and also worked at her dad's company last her mom heard , and Zara who was a model .

Then there was her father's sister and her family consisting of Uncle Mark who owned a firm , her Aunt Rose who loved to throw parties , Catherine a model and Ashton who was an attorney .

And then there was her family consisting of her mom Jean , her dad  Josh who were both dentists and she a witch who also was the deputy head for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures in the Ministry of Magic . But for her relatives she would be working for the government . And in the future Draco if the box she has found a few days back was actually a ring box and meant for her that is , Hermione thought with a smile .

Though the smile didn't lasted long as she walked through the doors of her boyfriend's restaurant . This restaurant holded memories . Memories with her lover , her two bestfriends , her parents , the weaslies , even Theo , Blaise and other former classmates .

Memories which were now going to be tainted by her uncles , aunts and her cousins . She didn't fooled herself by thinking that they have changed and there was a little chance that she would be accepted by them with open arms . Hermione wasn't naive . Not in the slightest .

As the hotel staff greeted her while she walked passed them Hermione moods enlightened a little . The staff adorned her . She have had several meals here . Her very first date with Draco was held here . She laughed inwardly as she remembered the nervous look of The Malfoy Heir as he asked her out on a date . Draco had gone all out with that date and many others . He still was the same . Though Hermione always complained about how much money he spends on her she never stopped him . And when she had found the ring box in the bedside drawer she had been over the moon and even shed a few tears .

Back to the present , as Hermione stood in front of the waiting room her aunt has booked so that they could 'reconnect' before having  dinner , she was a little nervous .

Even though she knew she was looking stunning in her sweetheart neckline cap sleeves black vintage dress that reached her knees and her normal messy curls which her boyfriend loves to play now transformed into perfect soft curls , three inch silver heels emerald earrings , a matching necklace (Draco's gift) and slight makeup , doubt started to creep into her minds . What if Draco was just complementing her to stop her and she actually wasn't looking that great ? 'No Draco would never lie to her' , Hermione thought as she straightened her posture , 'he has always been honest with her and when it came to her wardrobe , brutally honest .'

So Hermione took a deep breath , clamp the nervousness , searched for the Gryffindor courage inside her and opened the door .

As she entered the room everyone turned to looked at her . Hermione laughed inwardly as the comical expressions on her relatives face , especially her Aunts and her cousins Laura and Catherine . There was a mixture of shock surprise and confused expressions .

Her parents came forward and hugged her . She hugged them back and gave them a bright smile then turned towards her other family . Though the smile was still intact on her face it wasn't as bright or reaching her eyes . She waved towards them and started apologizing not that she actually meaned it .

"Hello everyone , I apologize for not attending the reunion for the past years . I have been busy with my studies at the boarding school and then my job . You adults havd always been supportive , always turned a blind eye towards me , letting me and your children do whatever they wanted to do . I wanted to thank you all for that . When I read Aunt Margaret's letter I realized how unfair I had been . Therefore without thinking I cancel all my plans  for today to attend this reunion . I do hope you are not furious with me for my continuous absency " she finished with a sickeningly sweet voice .

If the room wasn't quiet before it sure was now . There was a mixture of shock , fury , surprise and amusement on their faces .

The first to come out of shock was Uncle  Mark who came forward and gave her an awkward hug . That brought the others into motions and they all gave her hugs tho she could tell her Aunts and Laura and Catherine wanted to kicked her out of the restaurant rather than giving her a hug .

She noticed the others too wanted to do the same , she wasn't surprised with their reaction , seeing that she had just popped out of nowhere after 10 years and the first thing she had done what taunt them on their faces . And she wasn't feeling guilty in the slightest because they didn't deserved her attention after making her childhood miserable .

If she wasn't sure before she was now after seeing their expressions . They haven't changed much , they still were the sucked up rich brats . She was sure the moment they overcome the initial shock they will pounce on her like hyenas and try to put her on her toes . 'Game on' she thought while inwardly smirking ,'they are gonna recieve one hell of a surprise' .

_________________________________________

DISCLAIMER :  I don't own any of the Harry Potter characters or the Harry Potter world. All the credits goes to J.K.Rowling

Don't know about Hermione's relatives but Hermione gonna receive one hell of a surprise in some time !!!!