Chp 12 : Hermione faces her childhood tormentors

Catherine and the other Grangers had just entered the lobby which was surprisingly deserted except them . No one had realised that they were three people less . Just than Jean Granger's phone rang .

    As Jean went to take the call Aunt Margaret turned towards Hermione . Going for the kill , Catherine thought .

   "So Hermione , you never told us you knew Draco so 'closely' . It looked like you are more close to him than your boyfriend . How does your boyfriend handle that , hmm ?"

   This was a new low for her mom , Zara thought . But her mom wasn't wrong . Draco was fond of Hermione . Once again the thought of they both dating crossed Zara's mind but she ignored it . Hermione didn't looked like a person to cheat on someone .

   Her dad and Uncle were discussing something at one side , probably finding a way to fix a meeting with Draco in future . Though Zara had a feeling they wouldn't be seeing much of him in the future .

   Catherine , Her mom and Aunt Rose were facing towards Hermione like a hyenas about to pounce on their next meal . Zara was standing at the side , no intention of joining the pack . She was done with her family .

     Just one big shoot , enough to make her name in the fashion world and she could leave her family house . A tough job , thanks to her 'sister' Catherine . Zara had always idolized Catherine . But it wasn't because of her she chosed modeling like everyone in the family believed .

       Zara always admired the way Catherine use to carry herself , even the ugliest dress , she could carry with confidence . Like that one time during a reunion Aunt Rose had made her wear a hideous neon dress , but even at the age of 15 she had wore it like a model .

    But at that time she didn't knew that Catherine's personality was more hideous than the dress . When she had first decided to take modeling as a profession , she had asked Catherine to introduced her clients or some other agencies . Catherine had introduced her to some small agents saying she should work with them , get some experience before she introduces her to high professionals . But that day never came .

    She even got an offer for an advertisement for some big company . But at the last minute they canceled ut saying that she was not fit for the shoot . Some days later when she had met the agent who had brought the proposal of the ad , the agents taking pity on her told her that Catherine was behind all this .

   If it wasn't for Catherine , Zara would already be modeling for some famous brands . Apparently this was common in the fashion world . Zara had been devastated . She never thought Catherine would steep so low . She thought that Catherine was only mean to Hermione like her and the others . In general she was a sweet person . But it was all a facade . Like her whole family .

   A facade behind which a broken family hide binded only by money , connection , and connections . The only thing that was real was Hermione's family . Zara hated it . Zara hated Hermione . Even though she was a freak her parents loved her . But with Zara it was totally different . Her parents use to always shout at her , use to yell at to be like her elder sister . Just because she didn't scored high marks she wasn't smart like her sisters .

   Zara never was interested in study . She was more interested in her nail art than those heavy mathematics txtbk . And even if she did scored good marks it never matter because for her parents that was always not enough . Yeah , she had topped the class once . But her parents weren't happy . Why? Becuse Laura had scored more than her when she was her age . She had been angry at that time . So angry that the next day when her family had met for another dinner , she had pulled Hermione's hair (When the adults weren't around obviously) . Though it didn't much ruined Hermione's hairstyle . They were so bushy it was hard to make any difference .