Chp - 2 The Long Forgotten Cousin

Laura stared at the dress she had choosed to wear at the Reunion . She had gone shopping with her young sister Zara the moment her mother had inform them that they were hosting the reunion at The Serpent's Dungeon with a squeal .

She was so excited . The restaurant was owned by Draco Molfoy , billionaire hottie with a award winning smirk , presumably single and also her employer .

It wasn't like she needed to work with the commoners there . Her dad owned a company of his own 'Granger & co.' . She had worked there for a year or two . Quite enjoying it being the Head of the department and all . But it was before Draco Malfoy came into limelight 2 yrs back , sprouting hotels and restaurants like hydra's head in different parts of Europe . Taking over the business world like he owned it and sweeping the hearts of girls and women alike along with it .

The Serpent's Dungeon was his very first restaurant and also his favourite as he was sited many times by the reporters entering or leaving it . Sometimes alone and sometimes with someone else hopefully only friends or relatives , no girlfriend Laura thought with a grimace .

She had worked at the Malfoy Inc. for a year now bt only once had she been able to get a glimpse of him . Apparently Draco has a separate lift from his personel garage direct to his office that takes the whole top floor . Only a selected people have access to his flr from the visitors and employees lifts .

But meeting Draco in personal or just catching a glimpse of him wasn't the sole reason she was looking forward to go to the reunion . The other reason was Hermione Granger , her long forgotten cousin .

The last she had seen her was on one of the reunion , bushy haired , a know - it - all , and crying her eyes out cause Laura and her other cousins were teasing her , ohk , more like bullying her , Laura thought rolling her eyes . Hermione's parents weren't present and the other elders turned a blind eyes on them . She was the freak of the family . But to her parents she was an intelligent and ambitious girl , Laura snorted , as if .

Hermione's absence for the last ten or so years speaked a different story . Aunt Jean and Uncle Josh always had a different reason for Hermione's absence - "Hermione is staying as her friends house for the vacations" "Hermione has gone camping with her friends" "Hermione is busy with her job " the last one had been reason for the last 3-4 years .

Though her family was sured they were all lies . Everyone in her family was sure that Hermione was actually a failure . She wasn't ready to show her ugly face as she was apparently either jobless or working a low job . Obviously she would have done the same if she was her , Luara thought . With a family full of ambitious people Hermione and her parents were actually a outcast . A family of dentists and freak , Laura thought with a smirk .

She use to love going to the reunion when she was small . Tormenting the bushy haired with her cousins was her favorite past time . Though she did enjoyed the reunions even now . I mean who didn't liked to flaunt the money when they had it in abundance unlike someone , Laura thought to herself , its just wasn't that much fun now .

She had forgotten if Aunt Jean did even have a daughter for the last several years , she was looking forward to showing the know-it-all who was better.

Since Hermione and Laura were of the same age , there has always been competition between them . But Hermione used to always passed the exams with flying colours . And though Laura wasn't far behind and her parents did praised her but she knew they weren't proud of her . So Laura was always jealous of her ugly cousin . She may not outrun her in studies but she sure was better looking then her . Better looking?? Laura snorted , with those bucked tooths and a lion's mane for hair her know-it-all cousin wasn't even a competition when it came to looks . And Laura had made sure she knew how ugly she was by taunting her . Ohk she was a bitch when she was young she accepted that to herself but she was now grown up and really Laura was sure she didn't have to say a word to put Hermione at her place .

Laura and her sister Zara weren't shocked tho a little surprised when their mom told them she will make sure that Hermione came to this Reunion . Laura was also sure Zara didn't even remembered her . She had been present when her mom had written the letter . Laura had laughed out loud when she read the sweet words that were more taunting then consoling to her cousin . So even if she didn't arrived her mother had already done the damage , she had smirked while reading the letter , proud at her mother .

Back to the present , Laura picked the dress which would make her lucky tonight . It was a tight lavender colour bodycon dress reaching her mid thigh . Though a little inappropriate for the reunion but not overly slutty . She was sure her looks were enough for catching the attention of Draco . With her golden brown hairs cascading her back in waves and a slim figure to die for she was an eye candy according to her mom and Zara . But she didn't wanted any competition .

Zara would never cross her and her ugly cousin wasn't even in the game . All it left was Catherine , Laura thought with a sigh . She did loved her cousin . Catherine was her dad's sister's daughter . She had a elder brother Ashton who was a attorney while Catherine like Zara was a model .

Laura knew Catherine wouldn't stopped to pounce on Draco like her . Catherine was like Laura , stunning more like sizzling hot not that Laura was any less . Laura definitely needed to try harder if she wanted to dig her way into Draco's bed and eventually his bank account and heart . So she went to her vanity and started applying makeup making sure she didn't caked her face with too much .

***********

Her parents had already left being the host and all as they needed to be there to welcome their family . When Laura stepped out on the porch Zara was already there waiting for her typing on her phone . Zara was a carbon copy of Laura just with light blue instead of brown eyes and a little less brains . But Laura loved her sister . She was wearing a stunning light pink dress with a slit on the side starting from her mid thigh and the dress was backless . Just how a model should look like , every mens wet dream .

As Zara drived the car they started talking about Miss not so perfect as in Hermione . They even placed bet on how uglier she may have gotten in this last years or if she would even show her face .

Zara was reciting a incident that had happen at one her shoot . But Laura's brain was back to thinking about her Ex arch enemy .

As they greeted all her family members she noticed that Hermione has actually not arrived . Though when asked her parents assure them she will be shortly there . Catherine and Zara were sure she won't arrived too afraid to show her face being a disgrace to the family she was . Ashton didn't care . But Laura was sure she would arrive because there was one think Laura was sure about Hermione - she never backs down a challenge .

The elders were talking among themselves while sitting on the couches in waiting room they had booked . While she and her cousins were standing and talking about Hermione . Making fun of her . Ashton was in the middle of reciting the story of how he had once locked her in bathroom during one of the reunions when the said girl walked in . Laura's jaw dropped to the ground . And she was sure the rest also had the same reaction .

_________________________________________

DISCLAIMER : i don't own any of the Harry Potter characters or the Harry Potter world. All the credits goes to J.K.Rowling .