Chp 10 : Draco Gets Allusive Marriage Offers

Catherine knew this was her chance to win Draco . Even though she wanted to kill her father for asking the question which had no doubt saddened Draco .

Maybe it was because he still had feeling for that dumb girl who broke the engagement with 'The Draco Malfoy' . Why else would Draco take so long to answer and when he finally answered he looked so forlorn .

Catherine would help him forget that girl , in no time . After that she would have him wrapped aroud her finger . She would be envied by models and actresses when they would see her in the arms of the blonde hottie , who was currently having a staring match with her freak of a cousin .

Catherine was busy formulating a plan including the death of a certain bushy haired girl and a night full of pleasures with the sexy man sitting beside her when she heard Laura speak , another sister she was starting to hate , -

"Aww !! Draco , don't be sad , I am sure that girl just wasn't meant for you . Why else would she break the engagement with you??" Laura said in a soft consoling voice (which Hermione thoughts was similar to a goat) taking Draco's hand into hers . Hermione was trying to rein her magic while staring daggers at her cousin's hand .

"I am sure Draco , a girl is waiting in the near future for you . A girl much more beautiful , much more smarter than her " Catherine finished as she took Draco's other hand into hers and moved closer to him .

Didn't knew about this future girl , but to Hermione it looked like both Laura and Catherine couldn't wait one more second to jump on Draco's lap . Maybe even give him a lap dance or two , Hermione thought , disgusted at her cousins .

And to add to the already overflowing list of 'why she should use magic infront of her muggle relatives' , her aunt has to say - "Maybe that girl is sitting near you on this table . Too bad I am already married or else I definitely would have married you" she giggled like a three year old which was seriously getting on Hermione's nerves .

All this time Draco had been quiet . A amused smile playing on his lips . Lips Hermione so wanted to kiss and show her so-called relatives who he belonged too . Atleast Draco had freed his hands .

As Hermione was just contemplating if she should reveal the truth and accept defeat or just settle on hexing them , Draco stopped her from any of this by saying "Ohh Margaret , if you would have proposed me I would have to deny " Draco continued but much to some of the occupants dismay looking directly at Hermione , "Or else I wouldn't be able to propose to the gorgeous smart strong-will woman as Catherine said ."

If Hermione had not already fallen in love with her childhood nemesis , she definitely would have now . She smiled at him , a smile full of warmth with an hint of arousal . Her mother squeezed her hand under the table .

But obviously her family had to ruined such an important moment of her life . Why was she even calling them family , Hermione thought bitterly as her uncle said to Draco -

"Catherine has been a model for quiet a while now . Whatever she is now is all because of her hardwork and passion . She has done some successful shoots and is quite famous in the fashion world ." Catherine sat a little straighter beside Draco . Anymore straighter and Hermione was sure she would break her spinal cord or do some damage to it .

It was hard for Hermione to believe that her relatives were so lost in the plan of landing the 'most eligible bachelor , they couldn't even see that the said person was not interested in their daughters . Draco had hardly paid them any attention . Hermione agreed that they didn't knew that he was her boyfriend , but that didn't justify for their behavior . For them it was all about money , fame , status in the society .

Hermione couldn't believe how her dad has survive them for so long . Whenever Hermione used to complain to her father about why won't he cut all the ties with his siblings , he used to always give the same reply - "They are family . However broken mean selfish they are , they are family . Something some people in this world don't possess . Always remember this ." Hermione remember it but it was a tough job for her when her cousins would bully her , make fun of her and her uncles and aunts would do nothing to stop them .

But during her time at Hogwarts and later , she learned something her father didn't taught her . That family didn't consisted of only people who were related by blood . It consisted of people she loved , who she could believe would be there for her , beside her , with her .

People like Harry and Ron , her best friends , who had supported her even though they didn't wanted to , Draco the person who owned her heart , Ginny always lending her ears so that Hermione could rant about things she couldn't to Harry and Ron or to give her advices , the other weasely's who treated her like their own daughter , their sister . Something her relatives would never be .

Speaking of them , obviously her Dad's brother didn't wanted to lose the golden goose to his brother-in-law . So without waiting even he started praising Laura -

"Ohh forget about Catherine , my Laura has always been the smartest , the ambitious of all in the family . How else would she be able to land a job in the Malfoy.inc . I am sure your company must be offering the jobs only to the best Mr.Malfoy "

"The best out of the best , Mr Granger " Draco said , if he was surprised about the little revelation he didn't showed instead said ,"And you couldn't expect anything else than that from the Malfoy. Inc as your own niece here , Hermione , has had a hand in making it reach the position it is now ."

A silence had once again descended on the table . Hermione had once again successfully surprised them but this time with the help of her lover . A blush was starting to taint her cheeks which Draco didn't failed to noticed .

Hermione went to deny . Yes , she had help Draco to rise to the position he is in the muggle world today but there wasn't any need for telling them that . But there wasn't any need for her to deny as the other Grangers were having a hard time accepting it .

" Hermione had helped you in founding the company and all ?." Aunt Rose asked in a shocked tone . She knew her Aunt was wearing a disbelieving expression on her face .

And to add to her misery Draco added - "Not only the company but also the restaurants and hotels . Hermione and one of my best friend Theo helped me make a name in the mu- ur - in this world . " Her family was so shocked they didn't even noticed Draco's almost slipup . Laura and Catherine had gone white , Zara and Ashton seemed mildly shocked while her uncle had a look of disbelieve on their faces .

They obviously were having a hard time believing the small but important tidbit . Obviously if it had been Hermione who had said that they wouldn't have believed her in the slightest . But hearing it was from Draco , they couldn't even deny it even if they wanted to .

Draco smiled towards her , a smiled only reserved for her . Just a little more time before this crappy reunion gets over , Hermione thought . Some more time before she could cuddle with her boyfriend on their sofa away from all this drama .

Even Laura and Catherine realized that their time was running out . It was their only chance to make Draco fall for them . A chance that was slowly but surely slipping out of their hand .

_________________________________________

Disclaimer : I don't own the harry potter world or any of the hp characters . All the credit goes to J.K.Rowling .

Yupp another chp added to this boring story . Hope my grammatical mistakes or my stupid writing is not giving you an headache .