Chp 11 : Draco Gets An Advise

Laura wanted to kill her 'sister' . Every time someone started a conversation , may it be about achievements , future plans , or even their school life , Draco just have to drag Hermione into the conversation some way or the other .

Either by complimenting her , by teasing her or even by arguing . Just like how they were now bickering about who was the best at their exclusive school . Ohh what a shocking 'surprise' it had been for her when Draco revealed that he had actually gone to the same school as Hermione .

Hermione , hermione and hermione . She was getting sick of her . Draco was just concentrated on her . Laura couldn't even have a proper conversation with him , not without him including Hermione into it .

Even Catherine or any of their parents had not had much of an success in that . Zara had just lost interest and was back to her phone . And Ashton , after his 'subtle' hints of persuading Draco into becoming one of his clients had failed (cause Draco already had a team of advocates on his back and call), had left the reunion saying he had an 'important case' to look into .

Laura and others hadn't even realized when their family reunion celebration had turned into Hermione's acknowledgement occasion . Seriously if it wasn't Draco it was her parents talking about the great achievements Hermione have achieved .

It was as if Hermione had use some magic spell . Laura couldn't put it past her , knowing what a freak she was . God knows maybe she was some kind of a witch and had use some love spell , if that even was a thing , on Draco .

They were done with their dinner . Not that Laura ate much . She was too busy talking with Draco or in other words trying to have a decent talk with him to eat .

As they rose from the table , Laura realised is was now or never . She could ask his number maybe even drop hints about them going on a date . Not that Laura hadn't done that already . Countless time she and Catherine had flirted or tried to flirt with him . But Draco never took the bait . He would continue with the conversation as if his sexy employee or the drop dead gorgeous model sitting beside him had not just said something sensual .

Either Draco was too oblivious or he was just not interested in them . And Laura was starting to think it was the latter . Maybe Draco was more interested in short curvy freaks than an elegant woman . But even that dark thought couldn't stopped her from persuasing Draco .

For one whole year Laura have worked like a lowly clerk , she had given her position at the head of the department in her father's company just to get noticed by Draco . But all she got was criticism from her boss .

And Laura was sure , on monday everything would be back to normal , waking up early in the morning (instead of sleeping in late), reaching the office on time (not whenever she wanted to) , working her ass off still her boss is satisfied with her job (and not vise versa) , as if she had not just spend her sunday dinner with the company's CEO .

No it was now or never . She had day dreamed about having an office fling with Draco for too long on those small cubicle . Now she wanted those fantasies to turn into reality (not that she hadn't had any office affairs or a quickie behind close office doors in the past year) .

So as they neared the doors , that would take them back to the real world , from the dark lit stoned wall dungeon into the bright lit lobby , Laura went to called Draco , who was standing near grand door talking softly to her uncle Josh . The others have already left the dinning hall thankfully including Catherine . She didn't wanted her model sister to ruin her plan or future .

As Laura neared the blonde and brunette pair she heard her uncle speak which made her blood run cold -

"Draco I know , I have never openly accepted or supported your relationship with my daughter. But that doesn't mean I disapproves it . I know its difficult for you to gather the courage to ask her taking into mind your past . But the more you wait the harder it will be . Remember this Draco , we shouldn't wait for special moment instead we should turn a typical moment into something special ."

Josh patted Draco on his shoulder and walked out of doors . As if he had not said something life turning to Draco and unintentionally to Laura too .

As Draco stood there shell-shocked , trying to rein his emotions , Laura's life was crumbling under her feets . All this efforts , the flirting , were useless . It had all gone in veins . And because of what . Her worthless freak of a sister . No , no , no , Laura thought horrified , not again . Not again could she be defeated by her . Not in this . Even though Hermione was the smarter one , Laura was more gorgeous than her . Hermione wasn't even in her league when it came to looks .

"No" Laura whispered out which Draco heard and turned towards her . Laura waited for the moment Draco realize that she knew . But if he did , he didn't show . All Laura got was a small close lip almost force smile with one eyebrow raised asking a silent question , not the smile he had directed towards Hermione countless time or the playful smirk .

Laura closed the distance between them in two long strides . She was almost the same height as him . All she had to do was slightly raise her head and she would be able to kiss him . But Laura refrained herself . She still had some self esteem left . And even if she did kiss him , it wouldn't change anything . Draco would still love Hermione and propose to her , if what Laura had heard was right .

Instead she asked the one question she wanted to know - " What is so different about her ? I have the same features like her , even much better than her . I have got a tall lean figure . But even then , it was her, that self centered bossy bushy haired girl you paid attention to , why ?"

Draco tooked a step back and looked at her with a stony expression . Laura knew she had cross a line insulting Hermione infront of Draco . But she couldn't stop herself . She was tired of this shit , of Hermione . And what Draco said next didn't actually helped Laura's case .

"Hermione has something you would never have . A heart made of pure gold . She isn't bossy she is a natural leader . She may not have your silky straight hairs but her soft slightly bushy hairs compliments her already gorgeous face and not to forget I love to play with them . She is smart , courageous , kind-hearted . Above all this , she is a great friend . Something you would never find out because its you who is too self-centered to understand or even have a decent conversation with your sister ." With that Draco turned on his heels and was almost out of the door when he looked back and added , "And , yeah , I agree she is not tall like you , but I don't mind the slight neck pain from all the bending as it always reminds me of her ."

And with that final word Draco walked out of the door leaving a white faced humiliated Laura behind .

_______________________________________

Disclaimer : I don't own the harry potter world or any of the hp characters . All the credit goes to J.K.Rowling .

I know that there's isn't much insults or arguments in this story like the rest of the other Granger reunion stories . Which makes this story boring and bland . Well deal with it .

Hope my writing didn't made you feel sleepy!!